Chapter Four - The Truth

One and a half weeks had past. I didn't realize that the time went past so quickly. I woke up every day feeling so happy and ran to my calendar to cross off the days untill One Direction would be arriving in Australia. In exactly 8 more days they would be here.

I had been focusing on school and hadn't lost track of work, thank god, but sometimes I got distracted. I  didn't blame them but they were just so incredible that it was almost impossible not to think about them at least 20 times a day.

It was Thursday. I asked Joseph to come over on the weekend so we could go over what would be happening next Friday.

"Is Nazurah coming?" He asked curiously.

"No, but I can ask her to come if you want." I replied winking at him.

"Nah, I was just asking." He said looking down at his pencil and paper.

"Oh come on Joe! I know you like her, why don't you just admit it?"

"No, I don't like her, who said I like her?" He said in a playful tone.

"Oh that's just sad then, she kind of has a thing for you but you don't like her." I teased. I was lying, I didn't actually know what Nazurah felt about Joseph. Even though we were good friends I never really thought about asking her anything about it.

"What? Wait a minute she likes me too?" He asked surprised.

"Did you just say too? 'She likes me too'? See the truth comes out!" I smacked him on the back and saw him turning a little pink; he was blushing.

"Ok fine, you got me, I like her ok? No big deal." he said starting to copy the work off the board.

"Hey, there's nothing wrong by liking her. So when are you going to ask her out?"

"I can't ask her out!" He shouted, then realized he was a little loud and made half of the class turn around and stare at us.

"What?" He said to them and then they just turned back around.

"Okay, so as I was saying I can't ask her out." he said more lightly.

"Why not? Don't you want to go out with her?"

"I do, but can't you just ask her for me?"

"That's cheating! I can't do that, if you really like her you should just ask her out."

"Do you think she'll say yes?"

"Um, not a hundred precent sure but from what I know, I don't think she'll be able to reject you. Ask her out and then if she's uncomfortable with the whole dating thing, ask her to the formal."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

"Okay then."

"You're going to do it?"

"We'll see."

"I'm calling her over on the weekend too then."

He smiled and started packing up his things because the bell had signalled for recess.

At recess I waited for Nazurah by my locker, when she came I told her. "Hey on Sunday you're coming over alright?"

"Okay is it something special or are we just hanging out?"

"Just hanging out."

"Anyone else coming?"

"Yeah, just Joseph." I said and started clicking my tongue.

"Oh sweet, don't worry I will." She smiled.

We started heading to the canteen to get some food. While we were waiting in line I asked Nazurah, "Do you like Joseph?"

"Umm yeah, there's nothing wrong with him but why?"

"Nah, just asking yano." Then I paused for a while.

"But do you like-like him or just like him?"

"Can you just tell me what you're trying to get at?"

By then it was our turn in line, I ordered a chicken burger with some Sprite and Nazurah ordered the same. We made our way to the seats under the shelter near the basketball courts.

"Ok, please don't tell Joseph I told you this, please please please."

"I won't, I won't, just tell me already."

I knew I shouldn't have brought it up but I didn't want to make a fool of Joseph.

"Umm...so Joseph has a thing for you." I started off slowly, "and he wants to ask you out!" I finished the sentence as fast as I could and stared at her blankly.

"No way, you're kidding right?"

"Not the reaction I was expecting but no I'm not kidding."

"To be honest I kind of had a thing for him from the beginning but I couldn't show it or talk to you about it because he's your best friend and I thought it would've been awkward."

"Awkward?! What do you mean awkward? You don't know how easy you made my life."

"So did Joseph say anything about me?"

"No not really, he just wants you to come over to my place on the weekend."

"Okay I'm definitely coming, but hey, don't tell Joseph about anything i said."

"Not even the part where you said you like him?"

"Not even that."

"Alright then."