Chapter 6- I Should Not Like My Best Friend's Brother

Chapter 6- I Should Not Like My Best Friend’s Brother

Today I was not as lucky as yesterday. Well where Thomas is concerned anyway. He was at school today and just as obnoxious as ever. I currently found myself sitting in Food 1 with him next to me. I tried my best to ignore his inappropriate flirting, but sometimes it called for a smart ass remark which I was very happy to offer. He had them coming.

I only made it halfway through the class without thinking of Deacon. He had been on my mind on and off all day. It was started to worry me. I wonder of Grace would be mad at me for think about him so much. I had truly forgotten how hot he was until seeing him yesterday. Life was truly unfair.

I had agreed to send the night at Grace’s house again since her parents were going to be out of town until Sunday. She was too scared to stay at her house all alone so I had to agree. Not that I minded really. Anything was better than listening to my parents. However, being around Deacon so much was sure to mess with my head.

Ugh…why was it only Wednesday? I thought while listening to the teacher ramble on. It’s feels like an entire week has gone by since last weekend. It should be another weekend already! There is no way parents will let me stay with Grace the entire rest of the week.

No they would much rather have there and drive me crazy with their arguing. I’m slowly going insane. At least I get to stay with her again tonight. That offered some sort of break however short.

“Olivia, would you like to answer this one?”

I quickly switched off my thoughts and turned my head to face my teacher. She did not look happy with me. Dang…I spaced out again, didn’t I?

“Um…I’m sorry. Could you repeat the question?”

She watched me for a moment before answering. “Olivia, is everything okay with you? You’ve been out of it this entire period.”

Her voice closely resembled concern for me. I appreciated it, but it was really not her business. I liked to keep my life private. That’s just how I have always been.

“Everything is fine,” I answered curtly.

Her concern quickly wore off and was replaced with a frown. “Then I suggest you pay attention or you’ll wind up in detention after school.”

Well I certainly don’t want to do that again.

Thomas was sitting there staring at me with his famous smirk of course and I wanted nothing more than to smack it off his face completely.

I nodded as our teacher went back to her lesson without sparing me a second glace.

After that embarrassing encounter with the rest of the students, I pushed my consuming thoughts from my mind and tried to focus on the lesson at hand. Soon this day would be over and I wouldn’t have to think of it anymore.

“Something on your mind?” Thomas teased. “Is it me?”

Um conceited much?

I rolled my eyes at him, avoiding his stare. “I’m really not in the mood today, Thomas.”

“Well now that’s a shame, isn’t it?” he smirked. “And here I was hoping you were.”

I wasn’t sure what he meant by that, but I was sure there was some kind heading meaning behind it. With Thomas there always was a chance of double meanings.

I tried not to blush at that and kept my head turned away from him. I’d never give him the satisfaction that he had some kind of effect on me. I really didn’t care to look too far into it. It disturbed me what I might find if I did.