Chapter 11- Love Makes You Do Crazy Things

Chapter 11- Love Makes You Do Crazy Things

"I'm bored," Grace stated while gnawing on the middle of her pencil.

This was the third time in the past twenty minutes she's told me and I was at my wits end.

I sighed and massaged my temples. “You’re not supposed to be bored. You're supposed to be drawing something that makes you happy."

"I already did," she smiled brightly holding up her sketch pad in front of her. "Niall from One Direction."

I stared at the profile in shock. "Wow. Remarkable resemblance."

"I know." She closed the pad but kept on smiling. "I've spent a lot of time studying pictures of him."

Well, I guess we know who he celebrity crush is now. She's got it bad.

"How much longer until we can bail?" she asked. "I want lunch."

And I wanted peace, but it didn't look like that would be happening anytime soon. I pulled out my phone and checked the time.

"Twenty more minutes."

She frowned. "That's like an hour in Snoresville. I can't take it any longer."

Me either, but for a different reason. Grace was driving me extra crazy today! I didn't know how much more I could handle. Certainly not twenty minutes. If only I were Thomas, I could get myself out of here. He certainly had no problem getting out of classes from what I've heard.

"Now how long?" she asked.

I let out a loud cry of frustration. "Grace!"

"What? I'm bored and hungry."

For the briefest moment I almost considered sending Thomas a cry for help but thankfully I came to my senses before doing so. The last thing I wanted was to owe him anything else. I didn't even want to know what the price would be for a bailout of class. Probably more than I was willing to pay.

My eyes wondered around the room over the students until one in particular caught my eye, Jonah. He seemed to be very occupied by his assignment to even notice my stare. I missed him. I really did. I wonder if he missed me too? If only I could talk to him and explain things to him. Was he only back from speaking to me out of fear of Thomas or did he honestly not want to talk to me anymore? The thought of the latter one hurt. I hope that wasn't the case.

“He’s looking over here again,” Grace mumbled looking across the room in Jonah’s direction. “I just don’t get it. You two used to be close.”

“Yeah,” I agreed. “We did.”

I allowed myself a glance in his direction and sure enough he was still staring. I sighed. I had to get this problem between us worked out soon and erase all this awkwardness.

When the bell finally rang at the end of class Grace was the first one out of her seat. I quickly followed behind her trying to keep pace until we reached the lockers. She placed her books inside hers before I even got mine open.

“I have to use the bathroom,” she said shutting her locker door. “I’ll meet you, Farrah and Megan in the cafeteria.”

I nodded as she walked off toward the bathroom. After putting my things away I turned to leave, but successfully ran into another person. It didn’t take me long to realize who it was.

“Jonah,” I said. “I’m so sorry. I wasn’t paying attention to my surroundings.”

I shrugged and offered a faint smile. “It’s alright. I tend to be invisible sometimes.”