Chapter 8- Lips Don't Lie

Chapter 8- Lips Don’t Lie

By the time school had finished I was still in panic mode after what happened at the diner today. Thankfully Thomas ditched third period and I didn’t have to face him or the awkward moment we shared earlier. I’m sure class would have been more than uncomfortable if he’d showed. Is it possible that he ditched for that exact reason?

Sadly I couldn’t say the same for Thomas’s next conquest, Julia. She was very much a part of our cooking group today and it made me feel weird being so close to her knowing I just made out with the guy she would be “dating” tonight. And I use that term very loosely. As Thomas had stated before, he doesn’t do dates. I knew exactly what would happen tonight between them and it bothered me. Again for reason I didn’t care to look to closely at. It’s all part of being afraid of what I might find.

 Grace and I rode in my car alone today due to it being Friday and everyone having plans but us. It was quite sad really. I had no prospects of a boyfriend or even a date. I was completely hopeless.

Something sparked in me when I pulled into Grace’s drive and saw Deacon’s car sitting outside the house. I knew at that moment it wasn’t a good thing what I was feeling. No, it was very, very bad. Grace is one of my best friends. I really shouldn’t be feeling anything towards her brother. It just wasn’t appropriate.

“What do you want to do tonight?” she asked.

I shrugged. “I don’t know.  I guess the same thing we do every weekend. Grey’s Anatomy reruns?”

“I’d rather do something else. No offense, to Dr. Mcdreamy or anything, but I just don’t feel like staying in tonight.”

I nodded my head. “Yeah, me either.”

Grace ginned and pulled out her phone. “Okay, so how about we catch a movie in town and go out somewhere to eat?”

“Sure.”

While Grace was busy scrolling through the movies on her app a light knock sounded on her closed door. Seeing as she was occupied with movie choices I got up from the chair opened it. Deacon smiled at me as soon as I laid eyes on him and of course I blushed.

“Busy?” he asked.

“No. Just picking out a movie for tonight,” I mumbled pointing back at Grace.

He invited himself into her room and plopped down in the chair I was previously occupying. I didn’t mind though. It was Deacon.

“So you’re going out?” he asked hopeful.

I nodded at him, but Grace didn’t even look up from her phone. She had yet to even acknowledge his existence. I assume that was on purpose.

“Good. I’m bored. What are we seeing?”

“We aren’t seeing anything,” Grace finally spoke. “Olivia and I are.”

Deacon just smiled at her and crossed his arms over his chest. “Really? Well, I’ll just tell, Mom and memorial weekend then.”

She gasped and leapt off the bed to stand in front of her brother. “You nark. It was your alcohol and your party. If you tell, then I’m telling.”

He shook his head smirking looking completely non intimidated. “Sis. I’m no longer a minor. What’s the worst they could do to me? You, however, are still seventeen. Need I say more?”

“No,” she replied sullen.

She knew he had beaten her and she had no choice, but to let him come along. She did not look happy with that fact.