Chapter 18- Pigs Were Flying Around Everywhere

Chapter 18- Pigs Were Flying Around Everywhere

I sat up in my bed confused about the previous night I shared with Thomas. All the events of the day before replayed in my head up until the point he fell asleep in my bed taking me with him. But now I was alone and the spot next to me lay empty.

He left me.

He didn’t even wake me up or say goodbye. It would be a lie to say it didn’t hurt a little. Even though we didn’t have sex I still felt like one of his cheap whores. The ones he uses and tosses out like yesterday’s trash. I don’t know why I ever thought that I’d be any different.

I knew I shouldn’t have ever let him stay over. It was my mistake and now I had to pay for it with the aftermath of my actions. I’ve ruined it now. He probably thinks since it was so easy to get me into bed I’d be just as easy to have sex with. He doesn’t want easy, he wants a challenge. And after last night I just proved that I’m not one.

Maybe if I hadn’t let him drink so much…

Oh crap! The alcohol!

 I jumped up from the bed as fast as I could and ran down to the kitchen. I prayed the entire way that my dad hadn’t suddenly decided to come home early and found the evidence that I’d been into the forbidden cabinet. That would not end well for me.

He’s the one that actually trusts me and insists I get more freedom from my mom. I couldn’t let him see his trust is misplaced.

When I got to the kitchen I was relieved to see I was still alone at home and looked outside to make sure my dad’s car wasn’t there. He could always be hiding out in his car and surprise me at the last minute. When the coast was clear I grabbed the bottle from the counter and took it the sink to fill it.

The exact thing Thomas told me to do to eliminate the evidence.

He sure didn’t care to help me before he rush out of here this morning. Jerk.

After filling the bottle and putting it away, I cleaned the used shot glasses and placed them where they were supposed to go. When that was done I threw the damp towel on the counter and walked back up to my empty room.  Disappointment washed over me as I glanced at my empty bed.

What were expecting Olivia? He’d just pop up out of nowhere and be waiting on you?

Yes. No. Maybe.

I was truly pathetic.

I had to get Thomas out of my head. He wasn’t good for me. Yes I did still technically owe him a date if he wanted to collect on it, but after that it’s probably best I keep my distance like I’ve been telling myself from the beginning.

I couldn’t let him any closer to my heart. He’d only break it.

Like this morning.

Ugh. Sometimes I just wish I didn’t care anymore. I over think things most of the time and when I under think, I end up getting hurt. Time to wise up, Olivia.

I stepped into the steaming hot shower to take my mind off of things trying to find any kind of distraction from my thoughts. My own head was the last place I wanted to be right now. To my utter disappointment, yet again, I found out my problems and worries didn’t just vanish after a long, hot shower. Nope. They were still right there as soon as I stepped out.

After I finished drying off and got dressed, my phone rang from my night stand causing my heart to leap forward in my chest. With a confusing amount of excitement I ran to it and checked the screen. A text message from Grace.