Chapter 17- Bad Boy's Were Everywhere

Chapter 17- Bad Boys Were Everywhere

I woke to the shrill ringing of my cell phone and the bright morning light shining in between the curtains of my room, interrupting my perfect sleep. I winced and groaned in annoyance, closing my eyes shut tight. I blindly felt around on my nightstand for the annoying little device when it finally quit ringing. I sighed in relief and pulled my pillow over my head to better block out the world around me.

Just when I was settled back into my bed again the stupid phone went off again screaming its loud ringtone. I let out a frustrated cry and threw the pillow off me head and across the room. Without even looking at the number I answered with perfect annoyance.

“What?”

“Well, someone sounds cheery this morning,” Grace said. He voice was barely recognizable.

I sat straight up on my bed. “Uh oh. What’s wrong? You don’t sound good.”

She coughed rather loudly into the phone and sniffled. “That’s because I’m not. I have a cold.”

I grimaced. “I’m sorry. What can I do to help? Hot soup and trashy celeb magazines?”

We both had the same remedy for sicknesses and I’d be willing to swear it shortened the life of anything that ailed you.

She laughed but it could tell it was difficult for her to do so. “No. I’m okay. Surprisingly Deacon’s been playing doctor. He may be my annoying brother sometimes but he sure pulls through when I need him.”

I smiled. “He really does.” I still owed him for caring for me after the not so graceful aftermath of my first and last drinking binge.

 “So…tell me everything that happened last night? I saw you talking to Thomas and he definitely seemed to be smiling around you. Are you two talking? Did he end things with Sara? You two seem to be spending a lot of time together. The beach, school, outside of school….” She trailed of waiting for me to explain.

I shook my head and tried not to laugh. “Nothing happened, Grace. We talked and that’s all. You know his rep. Nothing besides talking will ever happen between us.”

Okay. So that obviously a lie. I totally wanted much more with him and I hated myself for it. Deep down I don’t know how that separated me from the usual sluts he goes for.

That’s because it didn’t. I frowned at myself.

“Oh,” she said sounding a bit disappointed. “Well, crap. I’m supposed to be living vicariously through you.”

“Trust me, Grace. There is nothing particularly exciting about my life at all. I’m sure your life is much more interesting than mine.”

She coughed again. “You’re kidding me, right?”

“Nope. I know you’ve had to have seen tons of interesting things at Deacon’s parties.”

“Ugh. Don’t even get me started on that. I mean they’re fun and all, but yuck. I’ve seen some pretty disgusting things too. Nothing worth mentioning other than the hot guys and you’ve seen those.” She was quite for a second before starting back in. “Although, it would be fun to attend another one, wouldn’t it? I think Thomas is planning something right before Christmas break. Think you’ll come?”

“That’s a month and a half away. I have no clue what I’ll be doing then,” I told her.

“But you’ll come if you can?” She sounded very hopeful and I couldn’t bring myself to disappoint her while she was sick.