Chapter 21- Brave But Not Stupid, There's A Difference

Chapter 21- Brave But Not Stupid, There’s a Difference.

Saturday was…Saturday. A day I could do whatever I felt like. Right now it was cleaning my room, listening to Pandora radio on my laptop, and thinking about my date with Thomas last night. Dinner was good, but the pool hall was great. I surprised myself by how much I actually enjoyed myself.

I mean, sure it wasn’t the typical fist date, with dinner and a movie, but it was different in a good way. Not what I expected.

I currently had no plans to go out with him again, but that didn’t mean he’d stop trying to get me to. The best was the only reason I’d agreed to go out with him in the first place. No other reason…that I could think of.

My phone beeped from my bed in front of me. I leaned over and picked it up and read a text message from Jonah.

Meeting the parents tonight! Any advice for me?

I smile down at my phone and texted him back.

She told her parents about you? What happened to no boyfriends…and the church party?

It was only a few seconds before he texted me back.  

Parents went through her phone and saw our texts. X-(

My eyes widened.

Uh oh. Reaction?

Jonah: Flipped out and demanded to meet me. Thus why me and my parents are going over to hers tonight.

                Me: Your parents are going to? Wow. This is…big. Are they mad too? I mean, do they know she’s…

                Jonah: They know. Not happy but willing to meet her.

                Me: You think her parents will make you stop seeing each other? :(

               Jonah: Maybe. Hope not though. At least we weren’t serious yet.

               I frowned at my phone. This was so not fair to him. He really liked this girl and he deserved a chance with her.

               Me: Just be yourself. If they don’t love you they’re crazy!

          Jonah: I know that’s meant to comfort me but it doesn’t. Glad to know you’re in my corner though.

             Me: Always. :)

            Jonah: Thanks. Gotta go. Parents are calling for me. WHAT NOW???

I tossed my phone back on the bed in front of me and sighed. Poor Jonah. Will he ever catch a break? First me then he finds a girl who can’t date. Talk about bad luck.

A knock on my door drew my attention to my mom standing in my half open door way looking in. She took a short look around my room and frowned.

“Olivia you’ve been up here for an hour cleaning. So why does it look worse than it did before?”

I followed her eyes over my ransacked room to my now empty closet.

“I’m getting rid of some stuff,” I said looking back at her.