Chapter 28- It's Been A Pleasure

Chapter 28

There is a moment, right before a really big moment, that's known as the lead up. That second of peace and quiet before you do something you know you can never take back. Like confessing your feelings to someone you hope will return them.

That was what I was doing now. Or trying to do at least. At that moment it was hard to make my body do anything. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest. It felt like it might pop out at any second.

Take deep breaths, I told myself. Thomas is on the other side of this door and I'm just gonna walk in there and tell him how I feel. Probably...most likely.

I sucked in a breath then let it out in one loud rush. Okay, here I go.

With my hand on the metal knob I twisted it and pushed forward. The door came open with ease. It was quieter in this part of the house. You could barely even hear the music once you passed the kitchen.

My eyes scanned the dimly lit garage until they landed on Kyle, Jake and Thomas standing around a pool table in the corner. My first thought was that it was odd for a pool table to be in a garage but then I realized that the garage was not actually used as a garage. It was more of a guy's room. Sort of. Or just some place Jake liked to hang out maybe.

There was also a red sofa, a refrigerator, a small table and Flat Screen TV. Along the walls were shelves with various things placed on them, mostly junk it seemed. Then there were big boxes with unknown contents in them.

"Olivia, is that you?" Jake stared across the room at me in obvious disbelief. "Nice costume."

Kyle looked at me and smirked. "Slutty Robin Hood. Nice."

Thomas didn't say anything. He was half sitting, half leaning on the pool table, raking his eyes over me and smiled, then focused his attention on the red cup in his hand. I blushed.

I looked around at them and hoped I wasn't intruding in their space. If they were out here alone, maybe I should let them be just that.

"Looking for someone?" Jake grinned. He already knew why I was there. The knowing look on his face told me so.

When I looked at Kyle I could tell he knew too. I blushed a deep crimson color and looked around the room.

I cleared my throat. "I-I was just-I..." Breathe, Olivia. "I'm gonna go back to the party." I bring my eyes back to them and motion inside the house with my thumb behind me and start to turn around.

"Since you're already here, you might as well stay," Jake said. "I won't bite. I can't say the same for these two though." He looks at his friends and chuckles.

I kind of wanted to do this alone, I sang awkwardly in my head.

"That's okay. I don't wanna intrude-"

"Get in here," Jake insisted. "You're not intruding."

"Okay..." I said in a barely audible voice. There was no arguing about it.

I stepped into the garage and closed the door behind me. My boots were loud and clunky on the concrete floor. I took my steps slow trying to make myself to appear more at ease and less jumpy.

I wasn't nervous. I wasn't. Just because Thomas was there and my heart was beating it's way out of my chest, didn't mean anything. It's probably just medical or something.

"I gotta say," Kyle began. "You look hot in that getup, Olivia."

Face was covered in heat and I blushed once more. "Um...thanks."

He shook his head and smirked. "No, thank you."

Despite my red face, I focused my attention on Thomas. "Hey."