Chapter 10- Non-couples Counseling

It had been two days since the “meet the parents” date with Thomas. We hadn’t talked about it much, but given it was only Tuesday, and the rest of week still lied ahead of us, I knew it was bound to come up sometime. I knew I had only agreed to the “one time girlfriend act” but somehow I didn’t feel like he was done with me yet. And seeing as the dance was this Friday, I knew escaping him was not an option.

Overall, Thomas was still Thomas. His temporary human moment we shared Saturday was just a fluke and I was convicted it would never happen again. Things like didn’t have a habit of reoccurring. Nope, the bad boy was back with vengeance.

I tried to ignore him in the hallway between classes when he surrounded himself with girls, girls and more girls. And I also tried to ignore him when he spent the entire lunch hour that he normally wasn’t present for, sucking with Kristy Torres, in his car across the lot. But when I arrived in the one place I couldn’t ignore him in, it got to be a bit much. He sat at “our” table, shamelessly flirting with his movie date, Julia.

Did he have no self respect? He’s serial dated nearly the entire school and now he was cycling through them all again? I figured after he slept with her the interest would fade, but it appeared that I was wrong. And I hated being wrong!

I tried my best to tune them out as I submerged myself into the assignment Mrs. Hughes gave us, but it was hard to focus with all the sexual tension in the air. I mean, come on, just do her already and get over it.

My thoughts could be loud sometimes. So loud that they could become more than just thoughts and maybe words instead. That was confirmed when every head in the class room turned to me and giggles erupt all around us.

Crap! I had absolutely said that out loud. What the hell was wrong with me? Was I losing my mind? I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

“Actually, I have,” he bragged only further embarrassing me.

Julia blushed like the ditz she was, not even caring that Thomas had shared their sexual status with the world, or at least the classroom and that bothered me. Why was she okay with it? I wouldn’t be. What happens between the sheets should stay between the sheets and not broadcasted in room full of our peers.

The loud screeching of a chair on the floor caught both mine and Thomas’s attention and what I saw horrified me. Mrs. Hughes had heard everything and she looked furious. However, in my defense, I didn’t realize my words were being said out loud. Thomas just didn’t care.

“Thomas, Olivia, office, now!”

No. I groaned aloud letting her in on my displeasure. Not Hitler again. The hag already had it out for me and I still hadn’t held up my end of the bargain I had made with her only a week ago. What would she do to us next? Suspension and Saturday detention for the rest of our high school lives? I highly doubt it would be as excitable as the breakfast club. Though Thomas could easily fill the role of John Bender in that scenario if he wanted to.  They were one in the same.

Like the times before, Thomas and I sat rooted in our seats under the glare of Hitl- I mean, Mrs. Perry. I knew she was about as happy to see us as we were to see her. We really had to stop meeting like this.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t the notorious troublemakers again. And here I had hoped to see you two in my office again for at least a few more weeks.”

“Yeah, so could you go ahead and give us our punishment so we can all get on with our day?” Thomas asked like the rude person he was.

My mouth was agape and his harsh tone. Ballsy he was. I would have never had the courage to say things like that to Vice Principle Perry.