Forced Encounters

The three figures had gotten used to living in the shadows in the past five years. They felt like the shadows were their home, but walking in the light of day, gave them a little extra energy.

The lights of the city shine so brightly as Ash and his two Pokémon walk through the city. Pikachu was sitting on his shoulder while expressing joy to be in a big city again with Ash. Saffron City brings back memories of fighting Sabrina at the Saffron Gym and winning the Marsh Badge. Although they won it in a very unconventional way, they still have laughed about it from time to time. Ash turned to look at his second companion. He smirks as he saw the face on the Aura Pokémon.

Lucario gazed at the city in awe and wonderment. Even during their previous tournament, at the foot of Mt. Silver, they had never been in this big of a city before. The amazement and wonder were written in big, bold letters across his face.

"Like what you see, champ?" Ash asked amused.

"Yes, very much so, Master. The Orange Islands don't have anything compared to this! Let alone Shamouti Island!" he exclaimed, while his eyes were still fixed on the city's bright lights.

Ash chuckled a bit. Lucario had never really been anywhere else outside of the Orange Islands. Ash still remembers finding him as a scared, newly hatched Riolu, who was captured by Pokémon Poachers. It was after the incident that occurred five years ago. He and his Pokémon were stowaways on a freighter, heading towards the Orange Islands. Ash knew a place small enough that not many tourists come to, but it was big enough so that he could get some food and supplies.

He discovered the sacred Riolu, packed away in a cargo container in chains, and the terrified Pokémon trusted no one. It took a while; but luckily, Ash managed to get the Pokémon away from danger. They barely escaped the freighter and onto the islands, where they made their way to Shamouti Island.

Riolu decided to stay with Ash, and much like Pikachu, he hates being in a Pokéball. They had grown close in the five years that the trio was together; and now, he was one of Ash's go-to Pokémon. Riolu had grown and evolved into Lucario, and Ash did the same right along with him. Together, they learned how to use Aura. Although Ash could only communicate telepathically with Lucario, their bond grew even further.

Still, Lucario wanted to know all about the outside world, and more specifically, what his master's life was like before they first met. The stories that Ash told him filled the aura Pokémon with wonderment and awe. He would poke and prod, hell even beg, for his master to take them off the island and explore the world. At last, Lucario was finally getting what he so desperately wanted.

"Will we be able to continue traveling like this, after the tournament, Master?" Lucario asked as he turns his attention from the lights above to Ash.

"I hope so, Lucario. It would be really nice to visit cities, like Nimbasa, Vermilion, and Lumiose once again." Ash answered as they casually walk through the crowds. "However, that can't happen unless we put a stop to him and his sick obsession with world domination right here and now. Remember, that's why we're here, Lucario." Ash stated as a hateful look begins to appear on his face.

"What makes you sure that he is still alive? I saw the explosion in your memories, it was devastating." Lucario noted.

"Because I survived! It's a miracle that I did!" Ash shot back with anger in his voice. He then proposes, "If I survived that explosion, then so can he. No, I have to make sure that he is actually down for the count. I couldn't do that back in Kalos, but I'm sure as hell that I am going to do it now!" Ash's features begin to tense as flashbacks of the incident played through his mind.

Lucario could sense the emotions running through Ash's head: anger, hate, suffering, frustration, anxiety, and even sadness. "Master, do not trouble yourself," he stated calmly. "If he's out there, then we'll find him."