Rematch of the Starters! Part II

The explosion sends Pikachu flying towards the wall, as a huge cloud of smoke covers the entire stadium. Both trainers were coughing and shielding their mouths and eyes from the smoke. While coughing, Ash tries to call out for his loyal Pokémon.

"Pikachu! Pikachu, can you hear me? Pikachu!"

As the smoke cleared away, the crowd gasped, in shock, at what they were seeing. The smoke revealed Pikachu, still conscious, yet struggling to remain awake, gazing at his shunned Pokémon, with determination in his eyes and sparks flying off from his cheeks.

"Pika!" The electric type responded, as the expression, on his trainer's face, changed from horror to joy, at the sight of his loyal Pokémon, surviving that massive explosion.

"You're alright, buddy! I knew you would survive that blast!" Ash shouted out in delight, as the mouse Pokémon turned around and gave his trainer a thumbs up, before turning back to face his opponent.

"Impossible..." Trevor said, while in shock and awe towards Pikachu surviving Charizard's most powerful attack. "How could your Pikachu survive that?!"

"Well, Trevor," Ash responded back. "My Pikachu is unique! He can endure whatever attack you may throw our way!"

"Pi-ka!" The mouse Pokémon shouted, agreeing with his trainer's words.

"We'll just see about that!" Trevor replied as he's about to call out his next attack. "Charizard, use Flamethrower! End this!"

"Pikachu, dodge with Quick Attack!" Ash countered.

Pikachu ran at a fast speed, with a white trail of energy forming behind him, as the mouse Pokémon sidestepped the incoming fire attack while continuing charging towards the Flame Pokémon.

"Fly up, Charizard!" Trevor commanded his loyal partner, as the fire type flew up into the air, to avoid a speedy tackle from the electric type, who was now standing underneath the Flame Pokémon.

Gotcha! Ash thought, before giving Pikachu another command. "Now, Pikachu! Thunder! Go!"

Suddenly, from the sky, came a large bolt of thunder that hit the hovering flame Pokémon, causing a scream of pain to come out of the fire type's mouth, as it descended to the ground while breathing heavily. Standing in front of Charizard, there was the mouse Pokémon, who was also breathing heavily.

Both Pokémon were at the point of near exhaustion, as their trainers, after noticing this, gazed at their own loyal partners, while in deep thought.

Charizard's almost out of energy! We need to put everything we have into one final attack!

Pikachu's almost out of steam. I just hope that he could manage to survive long enough, for our next attack!

"I think it's time that we wrap this roundup!" Trevor shouted towards his opponent, who stood across from him, as his Charizard let out a roar, agreeing with his trainer.

"I think so too!" Ash answered back.

"Pi-ka!" The mouse Pokémon replied in agreement.

"Charizard, let's end this with Blast Burn!" Trevor commanded.

Perfect! Ash thought, as a smirk formed across his face, before giving Pikachu his next set of instructions.

"Pikachu, use Magnet Rise!"

The mouse Pokémon began to hover, as the ground, beneath him, began to burst upwards, but only for the electric type to avoid getting caught within the blast, while hovering above the battlefield.

Trevor and his Charizard both gasped in shock and stared in disbelief at the mouse Pokémon hovering over them.

"Alright, now Volt Tackle full power!" Ash exclaimed.

Pikachu began running diagonally, while still hovering, towards the shunned flame Pokémon. Its body suddenly became surrounded by golden electricity, and tackled Charizard, right in the stomach, causing the flame Pokémon to cry out in pain. The attack sends the fire type flying across the field and crashing against the stadium wall while causing a cloud of dust to form around the area, where the Kanto starter crashed into.

When the dust faded away, it revealed an unconscious flame Pokémon. Pikachu had finally done it. He finally took down Trevor's loyal partner, who the mouse Pokémon had lost to before, in the past.

"You did it, buddy!"

Pikachu heard his trainer and ran towards him, before stopping him in front of him, so that he could receive his praises.

"You finally have beaten Trevor's Charizard. I'm proud of you, buddy." Ash commented his loyal partner.

"Pi-Pikachu!" The mouse Pokémon chirped in delight and gave his trainer a thumb's up, before turning to the Aura Pokémon, who was standing next to Ash.

"Well done, Pikachu." Lucario congratulated his fellow colleague, before continuing to speak, in a serious tone. "However, this battle isn't over yet."

Both Pikachu and Lucario looked up and noticed Ash, as he gazed at Trevor, while the trainer returned his fallen partner back to its Pokéball, with cautious and tensed eyes. The masked trainer was in deep thought. Lucario's right. This battle isn't over yet. Although we're ahead now, Trevor's last Pokémon, Gregor, is no pushover. No one has ever defeated it in battle before, but that's what they said about Tobias's Darkrai, back in the Sinnoh League; however, I managed to defeat it during our Semi-Final match.

Ash then looked down to his two loyal companions, before turning back to his opponent, across from him, while still deep in his thoughts. I'm sorry, Mewtwo. You know I wouldn't do this if I had any other choice, but I must face Giovanni in the Finals, even if it means taking your half-brother down! Now then, show me everything you got, Trevor and Gregor! I'm not holding back!