Dinner Theatrics

The day seemed to drag on for Serena. Not only had she been woken up early by Bonnie and Max, after her run-in with Aaron Tajiri late last night, but she also had to sit through the many boring first round battles that day. It wasn't that they were boring, it was that she didn't have an interest in them. After all, she was here to watch Bonnie and Max, but they didn't have their opening round battles until tomorrow. Both of them had been eager to watch the other competitors though, so she reluctantly followed them from the stadium to stadium watching the trainers they were interested in.

The first one was Ritchie, who Serena thought was a carbon copy of Ash. Misty and Brock took more of an interest in the trainer than Max or Bonnie. Apparently, they had met him at the Indigo Conference during Ash's journey through Kanto, and it was clear, that they wanted him to win. They cheered, as it seemed his Raichu had barely put him into the next round. Both Max and Bonnie pointed out that he would be a difficult person to beat, but not impossible.

Next, came a trainer that Dawn especially took an interest in. His name was Paul. Serena recognized the name and features of the young man. What really stood out to her, was his purple hair and demeanor. During their Kalos adventures, Ash always mentioned a past rival of his, fitting the description of the trainer that she saw battling, saying he was, by far, one of the best trainers he had ever faced. He kept true to his reputation, as his final Pokémon, Electivire, soundly defeated his first round opponent.

Serena heard stories from the past, as the group laughed at the many adventures that they had been on. Recounting daring Pokémon rescues, the amazing sights, and sounds of the legendary Pokémon they encountered. She also felt a pang of jealousy spring up in her, as Misty, Dawn, and May told of their great adventures with Ash. They never specifically had said it was him, but she could see a look in their eyes that informed her that it was Ash. She brushed it off as the day wore on.

The last battle of the day was Trevor against Jon Dickson, who won the Silver Conference that Ash competed in. Jon is a strong trainer and tough to beat. However, his Pokémon was easily defeated by Trevor's Mewtwo, who he used throughout the entire battle.

As the last battle, of the day, finally came to end, the group departed from the arenas. Walking along the path, which led them into the city, they noticed a familiar group, standing off to the side, in one of the most extravagant restaurants in all of Kanto. They saw Scott turn around, with a beaming smile across his face, once he saw the group out the window. He motioned them to come into the restaurant. May didn't waste a moment. Acting on Scott's kind gesture, she grabbed Max and Brock and bolted through the entrance, while the rest of the group followed.

---

Once the group had got into the restaurant, Serena saw the group that they would be spending dinner with. She skimmed the group of Champions before her eyes fell onto two figures that were off to the side of the large crowd. One, she had only met the other day but recognized as Drake of the Orange Crew, and to his left, was Aaron. She was about to go towards the two trainers but was interrupted by Diantha.

"Why, hello Serena! So good to see the Kalos Queen enjoying a vacation," She commented to Serena, with a smile.

Serena's eyes met those of the world famous trainer and movie star. Over the past three months, they had built a friendship due to their many photo shoots and public appearances they had together.

Serena smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I wanted to get away from the craziness of the media for a bit, and this seemed like a good enough place."

Diantha continued the small talk, as the group waited for their table to finally open up. Once their group had been called, they worked their way to a small room, which was able to provide a little privacy, to avoid the paparazzi and fangirls.