Kanto's Best! Part II

Shout out to KickTyan, of DeviantART, for the artwork above.

Again, Trevor stood in his box, while gazing at his opponent, who stood across from him. Ritchie didn't look intimidated by the outcome of the match.

It didn't surprise Trevor at all. If anyone could match Ash's love for battling and fighting spirit, it was Ritchie. Everyone viewed the two as carbon copies, which is why so many were disappointed when they never met up again in the various conferences. They were the best trainers, of their generation, to come from Kanto and Ash held Ritchie in high esteem. If Ritchie would happen to win here today, he would face Ash in the next round; unfortunately for him, Trevor was the only obstacle standing in Ritchie's way.

As of right now, Trevor is currently beating Ritchie, as he hasn't lost a single Pokémon yet, while Ritchie lost three of his.

"Ready for round two?" Trevor questioned Ritchie.

Ritchie smiled as he enlarged a Pokéball. "Always! Come on out, Cruise!" Ritchie threw a Pokéball into the air to reveal a large green Pokémon.

The Pokémon had a grey mid-section with black markings on its knees and shoulders. It had spikes running down its spine to a large green tail. The Pokémon let out a roar.

"Impressive, Ritchie," Trevor responded calmly, while not flinching at the slight of the Tyranitar that stood in front of him.

"Thanks, but flattery will get you nowhere!" Ritchie answered back.

"That's true. But Ritchie," Trevor began as he reached down for his next Pokémon. "Do you really think your Pokémon will even stand a chance against my most powerful Pokémon!"

Trevor, with a determined, yet serious, grin on his face, showed the Pokéball of his third Pokémon, that he would be using in battle today, to Ritchie. The expression, on Ritchie's face, shows that he's feeling nervous, yet cautious, about Trevor's next Pokémon.

"Because right now," Trevor started as he holds the Pokéball, in his right hand, tightly, ready to toss it into the air. "You have the opportunity to face it, in battle! I chose you, Gregor!"

Trevor threw the Pokéball into the air to reveal his strongest Pokémon. Standing before Trevor, was Gregor. As the light, from the Pokéball, faded away,  Gregor let out an intimating and powerful cry that shook the whole stadium and sent chills up the bystanders' spines. The Genetic Pokémon let his opponent know that it was in, for the battle of its life.

---

"Huh?" Lucario communicated through aura, as he reacted to Gregor's cry that it had just heard, which caused him to stop playing with Ashley's Pokémon. "That cry..."

Pikachu, along with the small Pokémon, who he and Lucario were playing with during the battle, stared at the aura Pokémon with confusion in their eyes. Lucario was gazing on the battlefield below. It then walked to where Ash was sitting, and then, it froze, as it reached the row, where was Ash was sitting in.

Serena, who was next to Ash, noticed Lucario, just standing still, near the entryway to their row of seats.

She, with a puzzled look in her eyes, turned to Ash, who was next to her, and asked him, "Hey Aaron, what's up with Lucario over there?"

Ash turned and looked at Serena, before noticing Lucario, near the entryway of their row of seats.

He closed his eyes and chuckled, before responding, "Lucario must be sensing the incredible power that Gregor's aura is expressing at this moment. That's what drew him near here. He wants to watch Gregor battle and witness how strong it really is."