Chapter 10

Niall glances down at his phone discreetly, knowing well that if a teacher caught him with the device, he would be given a scolding and phone would even be confiscated. He didn't want that to happen, not now at least. There were so many thoughts in his mind right now but above them all, he was worried the most. Worried about where his four mates where, they were always by his side but it was already noon and they couldn't be seen anywhere. Even Troye was a bit concerned.

"Did they know that we were going bird watching today? As annoying and boring as that activity sounds, birds here are really gorgeous." His companion muttered, causing Niall to roll his eyes in annoying when the dial tone once again went to busy. 

The place they were staying at was surrounded by huge trees on all four sides. Lush garden, neatly trimmed bushes was there in the back of the hotel they were staying at but nothing could beat the actual nature surrounding the premises. Niall loved the greenery, he loved the smell of fresh watered grass and he loved the loud chirps of the birds. They did annoy him at times, especially when he heard then in early mornings but right now, in the sunny afternoon weather, he couldn't help but just want to lie flat in the grass, close his eyes, listen to the leaves rustling in the wind, the voice of wings flapping and the birds talking to each other. Nature was a beautiful thing, god's gift. 

"They are not picking up. And the teacher is calling us," Niall adjusted the flower crown Troye had lent him neatly on his head, making sure his fringe was swooping down on his forehead neatly, resting carefully just above his eyes. He tugged on his pink skirt and knee high socks, making sure everything was in order before glancing at Troye with a smile. He was glad he had someone with him. Lord knows he wouldn't be able to fend any predator off all on his own. Not that Troye was the strongest man alive or something, but it was reassuring to just have someone by your side. 

"Alright students. You'll all be in a group of four. I want you all to chose a spot, take your cameras with you and capture as many beautiful pictures as you can. Don't scare any animal off and don't hurt them. There aren't any wild and dangerous animals out here but in case you feel threatened by one, just blow the whistle," Their P.E teacher, Mrs. Von Dough, showed a whistle to all of them, throwing it high in the air and then blowing on it, as if they were all idiots who didn't even know how to work a whistle. She proceeded to check everyone's cameras, making sure that it didn't have anything filthy in it. While they were on the trip, they were the school's responsibility and believe it or not, Niall was appreciative of the strict rules. 

Niall quickly bought his Nikon digital camera out, making sure that all the pictures he had taken with the boys (some of them being really nasty considering they were a bit high at that time) were stored neatly in his laptop back home. They was really concerned about their whereabouts and more than that, worried about the two other people he would be paired with. Hopefully they would be girls, Niall couldn't handle being boys he didn't know and especially when they were larger and stronger than him. It was a good thing that Troye was as tiny as Niall. 

"We are paired with Luke Hemmings and Calum Hood," Niall didn't miss the sparkle in Troye's eyes as the brunette voiced these words. Everybody had a big crush on the jocks of the school and clearly, his new friend was also a victim. Falling for the unattainable boys. Plus, they were most probably straight. Niall didn't really give a shit. All he wanted was to just see a glimpse of Harry or Louis, or even Liam and Zayn, just a sign to know that they were safe. He clutched his camera closer to his chest, sighing loudly as the two jocks made their way towards where Troye and Niall were standing. 

"Let me just call them once, yeah? I want to make sure they are safe." Niall passed a small smile towards Troye, frowning when the boy grabbed his wrist just when the blonde was about to exist and sneakily pull his phone out of his sling bag. 

"I don't think you have to call them. They are right there." The way Troye said it, his voice laced with an unknown emotion, maybe sadness, made Niall's skin crawl. He was scared now, afraid to turn around and see something that might scar him forever. But he did the exact same thing he didn't want to. He turned around in the direction where Troye was looking, his blue eyes widening at the sight of his friends having girls wrapped under their arms, laughing loudly and boisterously with them. Liam was clearly flirting with the tanned girl, before leaning down to capture her lips in a heated kiss and Louis was laughing loudly at something the girl with him was saying. Niall tried to brush aside the burning feeling in his chest, trying desperately to see whether Harry was doing the same or not. Out of all the boys, Harry was probably the most considerate of Niall's feelings. He wouldn't hurt Niall like this. 

"I'm sorry," Troye whispered lightly, watching Niall's eyes water as he saw Harry Styles giggling with a beautiful short haired blonde, his arms wrapped around her waist as if they belong there. He quickly scanned the crowd to see if Zayn was there, a flicker of hope sparking in his eyes. Him and Zayn had just had the most mind blowing sex the day before, surely just that act was enough to make Zayn stay with him. Niall needed these boys more than what he'd let on, he needed at least one of them by his side, if he couldn't have them all but even Zayn was with someone, pecking the girl's cheeks and smiling fondly at her, as if she was his entire world and just the sight of his four mates with such beautiful and stunning girls was making Niall's stomach churn. 

"Why are you crying Niall?" Troye whispered, putting a comforting hand on Niall's shoulder even though his eyes showed nothing but confusion. He had had his doubts about them all being in a five way relationship and watching Niall crumbling like this, he knew his doubts and thoughts were confirmed. 'Didn't you say that they weren't your boyfriends?" Troye needed to hear it from him, needed the blonde to confirm it because that would make it easier, getting over this heartbreak he must be feeling right now.

"But I never said I didn't love them." 

AN/ I can't believe we're just on chapter 10, like wtf. I thought I had written like twenty chapters of this story. -_- Am I going too fast? I have this habit of ending my stories at like 20 -30 chapters maximum. Please tell me if you think things are happening way too quickly. I mean I can't make changes in the previous chapters but I'll definitely try to be a bit slow and smooth in the future chapters. There is still a lot to be revealed though. The school trip isn't over yet ;)

Thoughts on the chapter ?

Thoughts on what the boys are doing ?

Thoughts on Niall? 

Thoughts on Troye? 

Thoughts on Luke and Calum being added? 5sos are hot. I'm not a fan but I do appreciate beauty when I see it. My fave is Ashton though, if I had to pick :)

NEXT UPDATE WHEN THIS CHAPTER GETS 100+VOTES AND 30+ COMMENTS! 

I SWEAR I HAVE SO MANY THINGS PLANNED FOR THIS STORY! IT'S GONNA BE SO GOOD! I'M CRYING BECAUSE OMG!