Chapter 29

Niall was just into the first year of his high school when he had met the four new students. They were the talk of their school but to him, their popularity didn't matter. He was best friend's with them already and he was proud to announce that they were the first people to accept him openly, without judging him for his sexuality or his choice of clothes. His school wasn't the most free institution; it took lots of guts for a student to be open about his sexuality specially in their first year of high school. It was considered social suicide to already be out in your first year. 

But surprisingly, Niall had not been bullied yet. not even once. He had seen people frowning when they looked his face or whispering to one another but nobody had once directly said anything to him. He wondered whether the reason behind that was his friendship with four manly looking boys. 

Niall shook his head, getting his bag out of his locker before stuffing all his books in it and walking outside the school premises. He searched the parking lot for the familiar red sports car, smiling when he found it in an instant.  He had to admit, red was a flashy and showy color but if you have the money, of course you would want to show it off. Plus the seats were really comfortable so he never complained much .

"Where is everyone else?" Niall looked around the lot, frowning when he only noticed Harry leaning against the vehicle. He always hitched a ride with them, finding it much more convenient than walking all the way back home or getting into the school bus where people stared a bit too openly. 

"They've got detention. They beat some guy up apparently,"  Harry chuckled, opening the door of the car for Niall to get in before rushing over to the driver's side. He got inside, putting the seat belt on quickly and starting the car up. Within a second, he drove out of the parking lot eyes fixed at the road as he carefully rushed past cars and towards his apartment complex that he shared with the rest of the boys. 

Niall took his time to admire the curly brunette, his long curly locks and the gentle smile playing on his lips as he bobbed his head to the song playing on the radio. He had to admit, Harry was a beauty of his own kind. He had sharp male features but he could also easily pass for a gorgeous female model as well. It was strange that somebody could be that good looking and beautiful all at the same time. 

"We're here babe." Harry announced, chuckling slightly when he noticed that Niall was staring at him. He unbuckled his seat belt, flicking Niall's forehead before getting out of the car seat and wracking his pockets to find the key to his apartment. He waited for Niall to join him before calling for the lift. Placing his hand gently on the back of the blonde's waist, the two men got inside the lift, smiling gently at the elderly couple that was exiting it. 

There was a comfortable silence between them as the lift moved up the floors. Niall couldn't help but glance at Harry every now and then. He had been in awe of the man's beauty from the very first moment they had met and even now he wondered whether it was possible for somebody to be that beautiful. He shuffled his feet, unconsciously bringing himself closer to Harry's warm body but before anything else could occur, the small ding of the elevator brought Niall out from his thoughts of the brunette.

"Come on," Harry nudged, grabbing the lost blonde's hand in his own and leading the way. He fiddled for a while with the keys, successfully opening the door and pulling the shorter lad inside gently. The apartment was not much to look at. It was small and mostly empty. There were big couches and a TV set in the wide hall room and the bed rooms had large king sized beds. There were no unnecessary decorations and Niall always felt that the place was missing a "homely" touch. He never commented out loud on it though, the guys seemed to like the place as it was.