Chapter 22

"This is all your fault," Louis exclaimed, kicking the empty box that was lying in his way. He couldn't bring himself to control his anger towards his best friend. Everything that was happening was extremely fucked up and Louis hated the situation he had found himself in. All he ever wanted to do was live a peaceful life with Niall, get a house in some small village and adopt a few kids. That's all he had ever dreamed about. Nothing too big or drastic but of course, like all his small dreams, even this one was going to come to an unsatisfactory end. 

"He was only doing what he felt was right in the situation," Liam grunted from another corner of the room, quickly defending his best mate. It ticked Louis off further, how they could just defend each other like this. It was as if Liam was not ready to admit the flaw that their best friend had.

"And since when did he become the leader of us? I don't remember voting Zayn to make decisions for all of us. And now look at the mess that's been created because of our lies.  All we had to do was be honest with Niall - that's it and all this mess would have been avoided because Niall would then have been careful to not interact with someone named Justin and we wouldn't be here, preparing for a big fight with a guy who is much more capable and powerful than us." Louis groaned loudly, thinking of all the consequences. If it was him vs Justin, one on one, he would easily take the man out but the problem was that it wasn't going to be one on one anything, instead Justin would let his best men do all the dirty work and now, even Harry seemed to be one of them. 

For the love of God, he didn't understand why Harry would betray them like that. He seemed very adamant on protecting Niall, and he was always the one who suggested telling the blonde all the truth but now, he had become the backstabbing bitch. None of them knew what had exactly happened because right now, all they could care about was saving their ass somehow even if that required begging for forgiveness or if nothing worked, they had planned to run away after rescuing Niall somehow.

"I did what I felt was right.  When I saw him going the trip, I knew that we had to create a distance between ourselves and Niall but I didn't realize that he was going to make a move at that very moment. I thought he would wait till the trip was over and then directly approach him but he didn't do that. I miscalculated his moves." Zayn sighed, cleaning up the gun he had been holding in his hand for far too long. He had got all the arms out from the locked up cupboards and trunks. It was better to be prepared for the big war. Liam was good with his hands and knives of all sorts, he had a fair aim but Louis could take down ten men all on his own if he had a gun. Zayn, on the other hand, preferred to be in the background, making plans and deciding on the escape routes but this time, he knew that they were going to be seriously outnumbered. He would have to hold a gun as well and though he knew how to fight, he didn't want to be the type to hurt anybody. 

"Harry was absolutely right, ya know? If we had been honest from the very start, told him that we were just protecting him but somehow ended up falling for him, maybe none of this would have happened.  We had enough time to leave the city when Justin was away but now that he's here, we need to be extra careful with our moves." Liam sighed loudly, shaking his head in distaste. He patted Zayn's shoulder before walking towards the open wardrobe and pulled out his favorite brown coat, the one that Niall got for him during one of their shopping dates. He couldn't help but smile gently, his hand feeling the soft material of the expensive woo. He wanted to save Niall, apologize to him and beg at his feet to take them all back but what if it was already too late? What if right now their boss was making preparations for a grand wedding because god knows the man was a complete lunatic, capable of forcing a teenager into matrimony all for his selfish whims. He was obsessed with the blonde and Liam understood why but that gave no reason for anyone to toy around with Niall or any living being like that.