Chapter 20

Niall rushed downstairs after hanging up on the call. He couldn't believe that his parents would do such a thing. He knew that even though it was all for  Greg, yet it was now putting his life on line. Even though Justin hadn't really done anything serious to him. He hadn't even harmed him in any manner. 

The blonde found in his parents in the living room, looking all grim and upset while anger flared in his blue eyes. In general situations, Niall wasn't the type of child to raise any questions in front of his parents or even raise his voice in front of them. He was the good child. The one who followed their rules and curfews. And if he accidentally ended up not following them, then he made sure to inform them before hand. He had never been angry with his parents even when they used to fight and scream, disrupting his entire sleeping schedule and leaving him grumpy for school. 

"Why would borrow money from someone like Justin?" The small blonde roared, not missing the way his mother's eyes widened at the news and then turned to stare at Bobby's. He knew it was wrong to be pinning it all on them but in all honesty, everything was being thrown at him suddenly as well. He didn't even know this Justin character until this school trip, and then all the tiring shit that went down at the trip wasn't very memorable either. For him to suddenly know so many things about his own parents and his "friends" was shocking to say the least. To make it all worse, it had even slept with the person everyone was warning him against but somehow, pushing him towards Justin as well. 

"H-how did you get to know of that?" Bobby asked shocked, his eyes showing confusion and sympathy towards the small blonde. Niall rolled his eyes. "Has he hurt you in any way? Did he tell you that himself?" 

"Justin? No. Harry told me about the debt you're under. Why would you borrow money from people who  clearly look dangerous?" From all the countless movies and novels Niall had read, it was always the dumb family that made such stupid moves like borrowing shit tons of money from Dons and then putting one of their family members ass on line. 

"It was for Greg's college tuition. I had lost my job and it was killing me to not be able to provide the fees for college. It wasn't an insanely huge amount but it was enough to have me working nine hours a day for months in order to be able to pay them off." Bobby sighed. 

"And did you manage to pay them off?" 

"No.  When I had the amount somehow arranged, they moved places. It wasn't Justin whom I had borrowed money from but his parents. When they moved away, I waited for a few years, trying to find a way to give them the amount and clear my debt off but they were just impossible to find." 

"What did you do with the money then?"  Niall raised an eyebrow, wanting his father to answer him quickly but when no reply came his way, he started thinking of the worst. "What did you do with the money dad?" 

"I renovated the house." Bobby sighed. 

"Are you shitting me right now?" Niall grunted, slumping on the wooden chair and staring at his parents with disappointment. He might have been over reacting too much because the Justin he had met, didn't look like he remembered about any kind of debt, nor did he look dangerous. In fact, he was an absolute sweetheart, taking care of all of his needs and being incredibly polite. Niall was unsure whether this was the same person they were all discussing. Somehow, the man who had turned out to be his one night stand, was the same man whom his four best mates feared. Something wasn't right. There was no way Justin could be a dangerous mafia or even linked with one. He seemed like a normal guy who was just taking over his dad's business and expanding it.

"Look, it's no issue to panic. If this Justin is the same Justin that I know, then he's definitely not a threat. I met him at the trip and he was very sweet and kind, not at all threatening."