Chapter 30

There was a loud beeping noise. It was irritating, make the frown on his face deepen. The smell of sanitizers wasn't making anything easier.  He wanted it to stop, he had been wanting that for weeks now. The black hole was bad in itself but the loud beeping sound and random chatter of people, the occasional cries from familiar voices, everything just worsened his headache. The headache never seemed to stop, neither did that all familiar pain in his body. It just seemed to grow worse and worse by the second. 

But today was different from other days because his irritation level was higher than usual and furthermore, he felt incredibly thirty and lightweight. He could almost feel his head spinning and his throat clogging up on him, something he hadn't felt for quite a while now. So as hesitantly as ever, he opened his eyes, watching the blurred ceiling and the white painted walls. The turquoise curtains weren't appealing at all, but it didn't matter. He wasn't here to judge them on their terrible interior decorations. In a shaky voice, quite unfamiliar to himself as well, he called out. 

"Water....," his croaked, getting alarmed when there was a loud commotion in what his brain had now registered as his hospital room. Not bothering to turn around as the people who were causing this ruckus were soon staring down at him, eyes watery in what he assumed was relief and love.  He smiled, not wanting to think on all the bad moments they had spent but rather on the fact that his parents were here, his brother was here, smiling down at him as he quickly rushed to fetch him a glass of water from the mineral water bottle placed on top of a dull looking table. 

"Here you go Ni. Drink up," Greg cooed, hiding the tears in his eyes as he gently helped his little brother in sitting up straight a little so that he could at least drink the entire glass of water without choking on it. Once he was sure that Niall was satisfied, he took the glass away, putting it back on the table and turning his attention once again on his brother's face. He looked a mess, he really did but so did everyone else in the room. The doctors had been telling them to wait for a little while longer ever since the young lad had been admitted to the care unit. For a month they had just sat on those metal chairs and waited for some good news but to no avail. Now finally, after a month and a few weeks, the miracle they had been dying to witness was taking place. Greg didn't know whether he should smile or cry. 

"Where are the others?" The blonde, now turned brunette, asked. His voice was shaking due to not being used for so long. He frowned when a confused expression crossed on the faces of his parents. 

"Who?" Bobby asked, tilting his head to the side. He grabbed a nearby chair and sat on it, holding one of Niall's hands in his own. It felt so nice, to feel his son's fingers moving once again rather than lying there on the hospital bed, lifeless. 

"The others who were in the accident with me. When the car went down, there were four of us in there," the brunette spoke softly, hoping his parents or his brother at least would respond in some manner.  They must have survived if they were not in the hospital but with a fall that critical, Niall was sure they couldn't have gotten out of it unscarred. He could still remember it all, the bullet flying across, their car titling on the bridge and the fall. How he had clung to them so tightly.

Before Bobby could open his mouth to respond once again, the door to the room opened and the room seemed to shrink down in size when it was filled with a doctor and some nurses who quickly got into the business, checking the tubes pressed inside Niall's veins and getting ready to take note of his blood pressure. 

"Good afternoon Mr. Horan," the female doctor spoke out. Her voice was soft to the ears, it was as if she was singing rather than simply speaking. She looked fit to be a runway model instead of a surgeon. "How are you feeling after waking up from your slumber of one month and two weeks?" 

"I was gone for that long?" The brunette raised an eyebrow, his blue eyes staring worridly around. No wonder his parents and Greg were so happy to have him back, he had defeated death. Almost.

"Yes. There was hardly any sign of you coming back in the past three weeks. There used to be some body movements earlier, mostly some really struggling movements. But after that, it just stopped. Your family didn't lose hope though. They knew you would come back to them," she smiled, walking closer to the man on the bed. "I'm Doctor Nicole by the way. I've been your head surgeon and the one who is incharge of you. If you have any questions about your injuries, just let me know. Since you're awake, we'll be giving you a few hours to rest and some medication to keep the pain away for a little way. After that you'll be undergoing a lot of tests just so we know which course to take now. Any questions?" 

"Just once," Niall piped, his voice huskier than usual. He needed that darn cup of water once again but he found it a struggle to even get up. 

"Shoot." 

"Where are the others?" he asked once again. Surely this doctor must have treated them or know of them at least. 

"The others?" Again that confused expression and those frowning eyebrows were back. 

"You know, the ones who were in the accident with me." 

"There was nobody in the accident with you Mr Horan. It was only you." 

AN/ OKAAAAY.....SO I FINALLY KNOW HOW THIS STORY IS GOING TO GO DOWN AND I SWEAR THE ENDING IS GONNA BE MORE EXCITING THAN THE ENTIRE STORY. AT LEAST FOR ME IT IS. I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL LOVE IT TOO AND I'M SO FUCKING SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN LIKE A FUCKING YEAR! IF YOU'RE STILL READING THIS! I LOVE YOU! THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH ME~