|Chapter One|

______________________________
-Paris, France-
______________________________

When they arrived at their five-star hotel, they were immediately swarmed with the press. Of course, the bodyguards protected them.

Tris really saw no need for them. They could handle themselves perfectly well.

Since it was 5:20 now and the gathering at the president's mansion started at six, they needed to hurry.

Of course Tris had a stylist, but she sent her off. Tris knew what she was wearing, and she could do everything herself. She got out her unwrinkled dress from her suitcase and put it on in the bathroom since she was sharing a room with Caleb. The dress was dark blue and knee-length. It went over one shoulder and ruffled at the bottom. She put on navy heels to match the dress, then left her curly golden locks down. She didn't bother doing anything with her hair. Since she woke up early to board the plane, she didn't do any makeup.

She only put on mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick, then she was done. It was 5:40 when she finished, and she stepped out.

Tris and Caleb began to walk over to their parents' room. The bodyguards stepped aside when they approached, and they entered.

"Are you guys ready?" Tris asked.

"One minute," their mother said. She stepped out and smiled.

"Oh, Beatrice," Natalie said, "you look gorgeous."

"Thank you, Mom. So do you."

"Let's go, kids," Andrew said.

They went down the elevator with the bodyguards in each of the four corners. They stepped out, and the press was swarming. They quickly rushed to car to escort them to the mansion.

When they arrived, Tris stepped out, itching to find her friend. The concert started in one hour, and she only had to spend a half our downstairs with her mother to make an appearance.

She immediately spotted Christina, and she spotted her.

"Tris!" she squealed in her adorable French accent.

"Chris!"

They hugged, incredibly happy to see each other.

"How are you?" Chris asked in her best english, even though Tris spoke french just for this reason.

"I'm good. How about you?"

"Fantastic. Are you excited for the concert? I know I am. They're huge here in France. I'm so glad you can come."

"Me too," Tris said. "I'm so excited. This hour won't go by quick enough."

But it did. It was only a half hour, and Christina dragged Tris up to her room.

"Okay," Chris said. "Your hair. Nobody can recognize you. I've got pink, blue, and purple temporary dye for your hair. It comes out with one shower. Which one?"

Tris grinned, wanting to jump up and down. "All of them."

"Let's do this."