|Chapter Thirteen|

______________________________
-Berlin, Germany-
______________________________

"So... what you're saying"—Tobias stood up—"is that we actually have a chance?"

Tris stood up and crossed her arms. "A 13 percent chance," she said with a sad chuckle. "But I barely know you. I mean, what's your favorite food? Do you like vegetables? Can you roll your tongue?"

Laughing, Tobias said, "My favorite food is Yorkshire puddings. I love vegetables." And then he rolled his tongue.

Tris looked down and chuckled, then lifted her head. "Even if we did get together, my parents would never approve. They don't even know I applied to KCL, actually. They want me to go to Harvard."

"They have more than half the acceptance rate. I mean, not that you couldn't get in. You totally could. I was just saying."

Tris smiled. "Thanks for the boost of confidence."

Tobias seemed somewhat flustered, which confused Tris. He tucked his hands into his pockets and rolled back and forth on the balls of his feet, then said, "I know this may seem really quite rude and too straightforward...but may I kiss you?"

Tris laughed. "Well at least you asked." And then she stood on her tiptoes and kissed him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing him closer. Tris assumed Tobias was over the moon at this.

However, Tris said against his lips, "But I think we should wait until I get into KCL. Because the odds are slim."

Tobias breathed out. "Right. Of course. I get it."

But neither of them pulled back.

Tris grabbed the collar of his leather jacket with both hands, pulled him down and kissed him again. Tobias seemed startled by her, but quickly responded. She kissed him for awhile, but finally decided to pull back, but only slightly, so their foreheads were resting on each others. She never wanted to pull back; she always wanted to feel this closeness. But she pulled back anyway, smiling.

"Some temporary goodbye kiss you got there," he chuckled.

Tris smiled again and blushed. She couldn't stop. "Uh, yeah, I guess. Um, well, I think I'm going to go get a drink at the bar. Can I get you anything?"

"I'm coming with you. And really? A bar? You're eighteen. You have to be 21 to drink."

"And, legally, I can drink. We're in Germany."

Tobias sighed. "I can't stop you, but I can watch over you."

"Oh my gosh," she said as she stepping into the bar car. "My first alcoholic beverage!"

Tobias just laughed. "I'd recommend wine for you."

"No way, man," she scoffed. "We're in Germany. I'm having a beer."

They sat down at the bar counter and the woman came over, suspiciously eyeing Tris. "Aren't you a little young to be orderin' a drink?"

Tris pulled out her ID she's had with her all along and handed to her. Luckily it wasn't in her wallet when Uriah stole it.