|Chapter Twenty-Five|

______________________________
-Holyhead, England-
______________________________

When it was 5:45, Tris sadly said, "I better get going. I need to make the six o'clock ferry."

"Well"—Fernando's phone buzzed, and he checked it, smiling—"it actually looks like we're both in luck," he said in a happy tone. "My parents have told me that we're visiting family in Dublin and that I need to board the six o'clock ferry."

Tris grinned a bigger grin. "Well, if you don't mind, I may need a tour guide tonight. I'm planning on taking a flight tomorrow morning to Paris because that's when the World Body-Painting Festival starts. So as long as your cool with staying up all night..."

"Definitely. I'd be honored to be your tour guide," he said as he began to stand up.

Tris and Fernando walked out and headed toward the ferry docks.

"So an Irish priest is driving home from the bar and is pulled over. The policeman smells alcohol on the priest's breath and then sees an empty wine bottle beside him. He asks the priest, 'Sir, have you been drinking?' The priest responds, 'No officer, just water.' The policeman asks, 'Then why do I smell wine?' The priest looks at the bottle and says, 'The Good Lord! He's done it again!'"

Tris busts out laughing. She was aware that Irish people had been known to drink quite frequently, and that was one of the reasons why it was funny.

"That was clever," she said. "Do you drink?"

He smiled. "I'm Irish. Of course I drink."

She grinned. "I do sometimes, but I rarely get the chance because of... you know."

He nodded. "Yeah. I would always just sneak out, but it's not like you can exactly do that," he sadly chuckled.

She liked Fernando. She thought he was pretty cool, funny, and just a natural social butterfly. She didn't like him as in dating, but as a friend, she thought he was pretty cool.

"Tris!" someone shouted.

And she knew that voice. She stopped her tracks.

You told yourself you wouldn't acknowledge him, she warned herself. Don't do it, she told herself. Do it, she contradicted.

"Four." She spun around to see him trying to reach out to her. She glared at his outstretched hand. He pulled back.

"Tris, please just let me explain," he said breathlessly. "Please."

She looked down. "You know what? We've got three hours to discuss that on the ferry, because I can't stop you from coming, can I?"

"I'm sorry," interrupted Fernando, "but I'm afraid I don't know you."

"Four, this is Fernando, Fernando this is Four, my bodyguard."

"Ex-bodyguard."

Tris eyed him with a curious look. He just slightly shook his head.

"Okay. Well it looks like we'll all be stuck with each other for three hours, eh?" Fernando said, trying to break the tension.

Tris somewhat chuckled.

"Oh, and we'll get on for free. No worries." He turned to Tob—Four, she reminded herself. "My family owns the ferry business."

Four nodded. "I appreciate it. Thanks."

Fernando scouted the docks. "Looks like they're boarding, guys. Let's go."

So they followed Fernando, walking in a triangle; Fernando leading the way with Four and Tris in tow. Tobias—Tris didn't bother correcting herself—and she walked close together, their hands brushing up against the other's occasionally.

Tris didn't realize she was doing this intentionally. But when she did, she didn't bother doing anything.

Maybe I don't hate him, she thought. Maybe I was only mad because I knew nothing between us would ever happen.

Maybe I was wrong.

• • • •
GODDAMMIT WATTPAD, TELL ME HOW MANY WORDS ARE IN THIS DAMN CHAPTER. WHY WON'T YOU WORK?