|Chapter Eight|

______________________________
-Venice, Italy-
______________________________

They arrived in Venice at eight o'clock, and Uriah was with them. Four and Tris got their train tickets to Prague, and they had to leave Venice at eight P.M., so they had twelve hours here. Uriah said he had to leave at five though, and that'd be the end of their time together. He was going to Berlin instead of Prague.

"So," Four said. "What's on your list of adventures for Venice?"

"I want to eat some authentic Italian food. After that, go on a gondola ride. Super cliché, I know. But that's it, really. Take shitloads of pictures."

She gasped, as if she remembered something. "I want a tattoo!"

"No," Four said. "There's no way I'm letting you get a tattoo."

"I can do whatever I want Four," she laughed. "You can approve of what I'm getting though, if that makes you feel better. I already know what it is though."

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there," Four sighed.

"How about we walk around town a little," suggested Uriah.

And they did. They went into little shops, but didn't buy anything. Four somehow got a hold of the camera, much to Tris's dismay.

They finally found a tattoo parlor, and they went in. They looked at the tattoos on the wall, even though Tris already knew what she was getting. She grabbed a piece of scrap paper off of the desk and a pencil. She sketched two connected eighth notes, a sixteenth note, a singular eighth note. She showed it to Four, and he raised an eyebrow at her.

"Where at?"

"Right here." She pointed behind her ear. "They'd be super small."

He sighed.

"It's not like I'm actually going to listen to you if you say no, but it'd be nice knowing you don't think I'm an idiot for doing it."

"Okay," he said, then handed the paper back to her.

An hour later, Tris's tattoo was permanent, and she was happy with it.

After that, they went around town some more, and Tris found a little shop with some cute girls' and guys' clothes. She pulled them inside, and Uriah had said, "Oh, shopping!"

From what Tris could see, Four waited outside for them, scanning through the pictures on the camera.

Tris came outside in her new dress an hour later with her tattoo bandage off. The dress was black on top with some pink roses on it and some green leaves, while the bottom was a pink that matched the roses on top. She kept the Vans, which looked cute with the dress. She kept on the sunglasses too.

She said, smiling, "Can you believe this was only ten bucks in American money?"

Four quickly snapped a picture of her before she could protest.

"Four. Don't."

"You look like a model! Just let me take one more."

She groaned and stepped onto the center of the abandoned brick road. Four scooted back so he could fit in all of the settings around her. Tris put her hands on her hips and smiled.

"Oh, come on," he said. "Act like a model. You know you want to!" He laughed and took another while she was laughing.

Tris crossed one leg over the other, pulled her skirt out a little with one hand, and looked everywhere but the camera.

"Perfect," he said, nearing her.

"I can't believe I just did that," she grumbled. "Do you like photography?"

"It's my life-long dream that I know will probably never happen. But yeah, I've always wanted to be a photographer."

"You never know until you try," she said, smiling.

Uriah came out minutes later, and Four took a picture of him too. They walked around a little more, and Four took a picture of Uriah and Tris by the river, their heads next to each other and grinning.

Tris snatched the camera from Four's hands and motioned for him to stand in front of the river.

"No," he said simply.

"What about if I get in with you? There are, like, no pictures of you on here."

He sighed. "Whatever. Fine."

Tris smiled and handed Uriah the camera. Four leaned back against the railing and put an arm around her shoulders. Tris put an arm around his waist, and together they smiled.

"Okay, now do a silly one."

Tris blew up her cheeks and placed a kiss on Four's cheek. His face went red and his eyes went wide. Uriah chuckled and took the picture.

At 4:30, they were at a restaurant beginning to sit down.

Uriah said, "It's already 4:30. I should be getting to the train station." He smiled sadly.

Tris hugged Uriah. "I hope we see each other again. Four, get in here. Group hug!"

"C'mon, Four," Uriah said. "It's all right. We have a chickie buffer! She takes away all of the man-on-man discomfort."

Four laughed and joined.

"We'll miss ya, Uriah," Tris said, then waved.

He waved back and turned away.

They then sat down at the outdoor restaurant alongside the river.

Two hours later, they were stuffed with food. Tris reached for her drawstring bag and opened it, then searched for her wallet. She remembered she left it in her back pocket, then reached there. But it wasn't anywhere to be found.

"Four. Four, oh my god. I think Uriah stole my wallet."

"Woah, woah, relax, I have mine..." He reached for his back pocket, and he gave her a look that said, "Fuck."

• • • •