|Chapter Twenty-Seven|

______________________________
-Dublin, Ireland-
______________________________

He sighed. "I can't do that. I can't promise that this will be our last kiss."

"Why not? That's all I ask of you, Tobias."

"Because I'm fairly confident that between the time span of now and mid-day tomorrow, you won't be able to keep your hands off of me, and the same goes for you. Plus, even if this was, right here, was our last kiss for today and tomorrow, I can't promise I won't kiss you in four years."

"Four years is a long time. A lot can happen."

"You're right. A lot could happen. But there won't be a day that goes by that I don't think about you."

"Well don't get your winklepickers in a twist too soon," she said with a wink at him. "This probably won't be our last kiss anyway." So she pulled him down by his shirt and kissed him. She didn't care if there were others around, she didn't care if Fernando saw them, and, most of all, she didn't care if the whole world knew. Every news paper in America could publish a picture of them kissing on the front cover and she wouldn't care. She would own that. She heard multiple snaps around her and reluctantly let go of him. She smiled at him, then it slowly faded as she turned to the people taking pictures there were four of them.

"Can I help you?" she asked not so politely.

They all quickly turned away.

"So," Tobias said with a chuckle, "plans for Dublin?"

"I don't know," she said with shrug. She sat back down in her seat. "Fernando was supposed to be my guide."

"Well I happen to've been to Dublin before. So I vote that I take you to a castle, and then we go get drinks. Then we shall be on our way to Paris."

"Sounds good. The World Body-Painting Festival starts at noonish tomorrow, and I'll have to find Chris before that... Which means we'll need to catch a flight at about 8:30 A.M. And we ned to be at the airport at 8. So, first on the list, check flights from Dublin to Paris. We've officially got about 12 hours to explore all of Dublin," she finished.

"Okay. Sounds like a plan. But what about Fernando?"

"Well... I think he should come with us. I don't want him to think I just used him to get a free ferry ride. I genuinely think he's a cool dude."

"Well that's good," laughed and Irish accent. Tris turned around to Fernando's bright, smiling face. "I'm afraid I can't though," he said, his smile turning to a frown. "My father's told me that there is a great family dinner tonight that we 'absolutely just cannot miss,' as he puts it. But you both are welcome to come. There'll be bangers & mash, Irish bundt cake, boxty, Dublin Coddle, and everything you can imagine. Those are only the greatest Irish dishes, if you didn't know."

Tris smiled at Tobias, really wanting to go, not only for the food, but just to see Fernando. She liked Fernando as a friend, and that was it. Strictly friends.

Tobias gave a slight nod.

Tris turned back to him, smiling. "We're in."

"Delightful."

• • • •
Sorry for not updating the past few Sunday's guys. I totally forgot, oops.