|Chapter Ten|

______________________________
-Prague, Czech Republic-
______________________________

Tobias woke up before Tris did, and he smiled when he saw her. Then the memories came back from last night, causing him to frown. He knew it was best to stay friends, but it was hard for him. She may have only known him for four days, but he's known her for longer.

His phone started to vibrate in his pocket, and he decided to answer it this time. It'd been ringing all day the day before, and he just didn't care. He hadn't answered it since Milan.

He stepped out into the hallway and answered it. "Eaton."

"Where the hell have you been?" Bud yelled.

"Hey, listen, she's here, and she's safe."

"Eaton, we've been trying to reach you. You're orders have changed."

"What?"

"You're assignment has been over since you jumped onto that train to Milan."

"What?"

"Listen, you've got to bring Prior in. Now. We've got a plan—"

"No. I told her I'd take her to the World Body-Painting Festival in Paris next week. We can meet you there."

"Four, she needs to be brought in now."

"No. Feel free to follow us Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam, and London, but there's no way I'm going to let you ruin this for her."

"What do you mean?" Tori said. It must've been on speaker.

"This is the freest she's ever been. You should see her. She... she's herself. All this time I've been protecting the first family without evening knowing them, and now I know her. I always thought she was some snooty brat with a perfect family, but now that I know her... She's an amazing person. And no one will ever get to know that because she's locked up in the land of the free."

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me," Bud said.

"What?" Tobias asked.

"You have a thing for her, don't you?"

"I am one of the secret service agency. I do not have a crush on my assignment."

"Shit, man. Yes, you do."

"No. I don't."

"Christ, you guys aren't married, are you?" Tori said.

"What the hell? No."

"Well we just received intel from an agent that spoke to Gianno Peretti. He says that you two were newlyweds. And you kissed on the boat."

"That's only half true."

"You kissed her?" Tori asked incredulously.

"Only to protect our faces from you guys, the waiter, and the security guard."

"And what about after that? Did you get back on the train and snog each other's faces off?"