|Chapter Four|

______________________________
-Milan, Italy-
______________________________

Tris didn't wait for Four to start heading off of the train. She rushed off with her drawstring bag, and was immediately breathless.

Four came out and stood next her, also in awe. "Where to?"

Tris took a breath. "I've always wanted to see the Duomo..."

Four smiled. "Let's go. I can see it from here."

She squinted and saw it.

"What all do you want to see today?" he asked. They still stood by the station.

"Well after the Duomo, I want to see the Sforza Castle. Its natural foundation dates all the way back to 1358. It wasn't until 1450 that Francesco Sforza—who was a military figure high up in the government—decided to reside there for good. He had so many construction workers come in to expand it, and his fourth son, Ludovico Sforza, even called in Leonardo Da Vinci, and handful of others. It's amazing. Then I want to see Italy's oldest mall, 'The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II.' Not because I like shopping, but because there are four sets, per se, of tile. They represent four major cities in Italy—Turin, Milan, Florence, and Rome. For Turin there's a bull, for Milan there's a white flag with a red cross, for Florence there's a lily, and for Rome there's a wolf. On the Turin, the bull, the tile is worn out on the bull's... you know. Because people spin on it for good luck. And then there's "The Last Supper" painting by Leonardo da Vinci at the Santa Maria delle Grazie church. That's it for me. The Last Supper line will probably take three hours. Is that okay?"

"Of course. You really know all your history, huh?"

She shamefully smiled. "I think all of this is much more interesting than America. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but this has so much more culture and depth, and legends and... I love it."

Four smiled down at her. "We need to check what time to board the train to Florence. Florence's next on your list, right?"

"Yep. Good thinking with the tickets so we know what time to be back."

They walked over to the booth with the screen and searched trains to Florence.

"Okay," Four said. "There's one that leaves for Venice at 11:17 P.M. and arrives at 7:09 A.M. There's a layover Florence for four hours. How about that one? Cause we can sleep awhile, go to Florence, the sleep again. Then we get to Venice."

"Perfect. Let's buy em."

"Alright." He placed two tickets for the order, and insisted he paid. She gave him the cash for it, but he wouldn't take it.

"Four!" she said. "Take it."

"No. Now let's go to the Duomo."

When they arrived, Tris was in awe. She lifted her sunglasses from her face and set them on her head. She'd always seen the pictures, but never did she imagine she'd actually see this.

"Did you know," she whispered, "that there are one hundred thirty-five pinnacles and spires?"

"Yes, actually, Ms. History," he said chuckling.