|Epilogue|

______________________________
-London, England-

-3 Years Later (2023)-
____________________________

"So," Tobias began, "do you remember how we agreed to meet on July 14th, eight P.M., 2020?"

Tris grinned. "Of course."

They were sitting in their studio. That's right; their. They'd merged businesses about two months ago and named it "Why Not?". It ended up being extremely successful between their skills and sharing ideas. And it wasn't like they were constantly around each other. One of them was out shooting and one was at the shop editing. There was the occasional day where they were both editing at the shop, but they weren't exactly complaining.

"Well," Tobias said, unable to keep the grin off his face. "It's better if I just were to show you." He took something out of his back pocket and slid them across the small table to her.

They were train tickets to Paris. And they were dated July 3rd. She got excited for a second, but it soon faded. "My mom wanted us to come home the weekend of July 4th, which is July 8th."

"I booked the hotel until Friday, July 7th. That's okay, right? We could take the flight from Paris."

She smiled. "That sounds perfect."

"Good. Because you know what July 5th is?"

"What?"

"You really don't remember?"

"Should I?" she asked nervously.

"It's out anniversary of the day we met," he said with a shrug. "But it's okay that you didn't remember."

"Oh my god. No it's not. Babe, I'm so sorry. I should've remember. Holy—"

"Hey, it's okay. I'm serious. You'll start remembering it now."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh, nothing."

She eyed him suspiciously. "Mhm."

______________________________

They were on the train to Paris when Tris's mom called. They were pretty cool then after sorting everything out, but Tris knew things would never be the same.

"Hello?" Tris answered.

"Hi, honey. Are you still coming home this weekend?"

"Yeah. But Tobias and I are actually on our way to Paris right now."

"Oh really? How come?"

"Our anniversary is the fifth."

"Oh okay. Well, I'll see you Saturday, alright?"

"Yeah. Love you."

"Love you too."

Tris then hung up. It took a while for her and her mom to put the pieces back together in their relationship, but it eventually happened, especially when her second term ended. Tris had only spoken to her mother since she left for KCL; she hadn't seen her since. Tobias had never met her either. Tris was nervous for them to meet, but she knew they liked him already. She told them stories about how sweet he was and what he did for her and how they were really in love.