Movie Secrets: Dan Howell

"Y/n! You made it! We’ve been waiting on you for the past hour!"

You look at Phil. “Sorry. I was trying to finish the last page of my course work.”

Dan paused his video game and looked over at you with a grin. “Was it any fun?”

You laugh. “No it was total shit. I’m pretty sure the last page was nothing but random words.”

Dan smiles and Phil reaches across to pat your shoulder.

“Well at least it’s over and we can finally go to the cinema.”

Dan groans. “I don’t really want to go to the cinema. I just want to stay here. On this couch. For the rest of my life.”

Phil smiles. “Dan, you already do that literally all the time. Now can we please go?”

Dan heaves a sigh. “Fineeee. But you’re driving.”

Phil shrugs. “Alright by me. Let’s go.”

At the cinema, the three of you buy tickets to some random movie and wait in the lobby for it to start.

“Guys, I have to use the restroom. I’ll be back.”

They nod and you head to the bathroom to freshen up. All you can think about was Dan. He was always so adorable and charming with his sweet little smile. You smile at the thought of his amazing dimples.

You breathe in a sigh and leave the bathroom. Before you step into the lobby you hear Phil whisper your name.

“…….tell her how you feel, Dan. It can’t be that hard.”

Dan had his hands covering his face. “But it is. We’re best friends. I could ruin everything.”

Phil puts his hand on Dans shoulder. “Well then, give it a little longer. But the truth will come out one day.”

You decided to take that moment and walk into the lobby.

“Do you know they have candy dispensers in the bathroom? Weird.”

Dan and Phils face was red.

“Yeah.”

“Weird.”

“Totally.”

You bite your lip and look at the screen. “Hey our movie is starting.”

The three of you walk down the corridor and into the theater.

“Dan likes you.”

You turn your head and Dan stares at Phil.

“Phil.”

“Sorry but I had to.”

You look at Dan. “Oh.”

His head slumps and the movie turns on. From the corner of your eye you can see the look of regret on Phils face and the look of pain on Dans. You stayed still for a few minutes, wondering what to do.

Phil stayed quiet on the other side of Dan and Dan tried to lean away from you as far as possible. You heard a small sigh and saw Dan reach into the popcorn bowl.

Your fingers twitch but then slowly reach into the popcorn bowl too. You find his fingers and clasp your hand around his.

Dan turns to you, a little startled and you smile and lean into him. You lay your head on his shoulder and you look up and smile again.

“I like you too.”