Chapter One

ALEC LIGHTWOOD.

"Remind me why we're taking the park route," I ask.

"Big brother, it's the fastest and most scenic view in New York," Isabelle chuckled.

I watch as she stared at the mundane boys running around kicking a black and white ball.

"Funny," Jace laughed.

I roll my eyes at the two.

"You can't tell me that this game doesn't look interesting to you," Isabelle said. "Kicking a ball around, the male aggression."

Before I could say anything we heard a scream. The three of us all turn around weapons ready to attack but there were no demons and no threat. Just a girl holding her stomach on the ground. She flipped around and I could see a single tear fall from her eye. She wiped it away and stood back up. She was wearing the same uniform the guys were wearing.

"A girl shouldn't be on this field playing with us," the guy said.

"We'll see when I kick your ass," she said.

"Now I am intrigued," Jace said.

He and Isabelle leaned against the fence and I joined them. The girl was definitely faster and stronger than all of the boys playing with and against her. We watched as she kicked the ball into the goal and I watched as the girl smiled.

"Guess we won," she taunted.

The guy tried to push her down to the ground and she grabbed him by the hand and flipped him to the ground.

"Alright, she's a tough one," Isabelle said.

I couldn't help but stop and stare at her, she looked so familiar.

"Alec focus on the mission and not on some mundane," Isabelle chuckled.

"You're kidding right Isabelle," Jace snickered.

I rolled my eyes and pushed myself away from the fence.

"Pay attention to the mission at hand you two," I sighed.

I turn my attention to my siblings and see them advance on the shape shifting demons watching the girl I myself was entranced by. I clenched my fist immediately never wanting anything to hurt the girl I've just seen. The three of us easily disposed of the demons and I turned my attention to watch the game as did Isabelle and Jace. Isabelle wore an amused smile on her face as she eyes the boy cheering on the stands.

"I guess she won," Jace said.

"Figured. She's better than all of those guys on the field," Isabelle said.

With a powerful kick and flip in the air the black and white ball soared powerfully in the air and soared past the goalie and flew through the net, literally. Her feet landed on the ground and she had a perfect form and balance. A wide smile formed on her face as she pumped her fists in the air. The crowd had gone wild, that was a pretty good kick. The guy Isabelle was eyeing wrapped his arms around her and twirled her in the air. She pats his shoulders and he sets her down.

"She has skills I'll tell you that maybe not all Mundanes are useless," Jace chuckled.

The guy that bullied her approached her and she punched him in the face and he fell to the ground.

"Pull a risky stunt like that again and I will murder you," she threatens.

Like she would ever hurt anyone she's as cute as a button. My heart stops the moment she looks up and sees the three of us. She sends an excited wave and the three of us look at one another.

"Mom," the girl called out.

The blonde ran towards the red head and wraps her in a hug followed by the red head girl beside her. I furrowed an eyebrow how could she be the mother? Must be from the father's side.

"Clary," the blonde smirked.

"Kay," Red smirks.

I already didn't like her. Then the guy with the glasses rush towards the two and hugs them. Then the mother looks at us and rushes the girls away from us.

"Wonder what that was about," Isabelle asks.

"Who knows let's head back to the Institute," Jace said looking down at his phone.

Little did they know I always made trips to this very soccer field to watch a certain blonde.