Chapter Thirty Five

Alec Lightwood

Alec Lightwood

My decision was set. I would have her hate me and safe rather than her in love with me and in peril.

"Hodge, you ready," I ask.

Lydia trailed behind me unsupportive of my decision at the moment.

"Alec, don't do this out of anger. Jace is still your parabatai," Lydia said.

I began rolling my sleeves up as I looked between Hodge and Lydia.

"Lydia is right," Hodge said.

"I am not letting Jace sacrifice Kiana for his girlfriend's pointless crusade," I said. "We're doing this. If you don't want to help, get out."

"I'll help but on one condition," Hodge said.

"What," I asked.

Hodge crossed his arms over his chest.

"You don't let it go too far. Now your bond with Jace can withstand a certain amount of strain. But you have to promise me that you won't let it break," Hodge said.

"Jace is dead to me," I said.

"Alec," Hodge said in disbelief.

"You don't know how to dependent you are on the bond or how dependent you are on each other," Lydia said.

I took my shirt off and tossed it to the side.

"I have to do this, for Kiana," I said.

"Alec," Lydia said.

"I have to Lydia," I said.

I laid down on the infirmary bed as Lydia and Hodge crowded around me. I let out a deep breath.

"Prepare yourself," Hodge said. "This will be very very painful."

Not as painful as the words Kiana told me I bet.

"Do it," I said.

The pain was unbearable and all I wanted was to hold Kiana's hand and hold it.

"Concentrate, with your mind, with your heart use every strand, every fibre of you that is connected to him," Hodge said.

"It's working," I gasped.

I saw flashes of Jace fighting a demon in the night.

"I can see him," I said.

I groaned in pain as the rune sunk in and I know Jace did to soon as I saw him kneeling on the ground.

"Jace," I called.

"Alec," Jace called.

"You know where he is," Hodge asks.

It was too painful to speak so I nodded my head. I started screaming in pain.