Chapter Sixteen

Kiana Fray

"I heard what you did for Zoe. You risked your life without hesitation to save a young Warlock child," Magnus said.

"She's just a little girl. I had no choice," I sigh. "She deserves to live as long as she wants and possibly can. I'm also very sorry about her father."

"You always have a choice Kiana. You aren't like most ShadowHunters that much is true. Most ShadowHunters will protect Down Worlders as a sense of duty. You saved Zoe because you believe that every life is equal," Magnus said.

"The lives that deserve to be saved deserve to live unlike these scum that try to end the lives of others," I said.

"I'm so glad you were given to Jocelyn, I was afraid the Clave would have used you for destruction and mess you up," Magnus said "What," I ask.

"You're the Angel of Justice," Magnus whispered.

"What," I question.

"You are a descendant of an Archangel Raguel," Magnus said. "You could be used for good and evil."

My eyes travel to Alec who's talking to Jace. As if he knew I were looking his eyes met mine and he smiles. I return one back.

"Magnus please. You can't hide from your battles. Valentine found you once and he can find you again," Clary said approaching us. "We need to work together. Help me."

Magnus looked her in the eyes.

"I can summon the demon, but you two must make the demands," Magnus said. "Now I warn you. Retrieving your memories will not be easy."

"I will do what I have to do," Clary and I said in unison.

"Alright. But we're not safe here," Magnus said. "The lairs location has been compromised. Hold tight everyone we're going to move."

Alec's eyes met mine and he reached out for my hand as he held onto a beam. I hold on tight to his torso as Magnus transfers us all to a safe location.

"Where'd the other Warlock's go," I ask.

"They're safe and that's all that matters," Magnus said.

"And Zoe?" I ask.

"She'll be safe too," Magnus smiled.

I remove myself from Alec and send him a faint smile. My phone began to ring and I look at the screen to see Simon's name. I immediately answer.

"Thank Godric Gryffindor you're safe," I gasp.

"I'm really sorry I acted like an ass," Simon said.

"You were under a lot of stress Simon. It's okay, I understand," I said.

"I just want things to go back to the way we use to be," Simon said.

"Tell you what, you and me tomorrow Java Jones," I ask.

"Sounds like a plan," Simon said.

"Is everything alright Simon," I ask.

"Now that you ask," Simon began.