Chapter Fourty Four

Jace Wayland

Clary and I enter the Institute whereas Kiana disappeared... I met up with Isabelle who asks if I were going to Alec's bachelor party. As if... I led them to a more secluded area where we could talk.

"We have a mole in the Institute," I said.

"We were attacked by a Shax Demon when we went to see Ragnor Fell," Clary said.

"The attack couldn't have been coincidence," I said. Isabelle looks at me in confusion.

"Valentine must have been tracking us," I sigh.

"You don't think someone from the Institute told Valentine where you were going," Isabelle said.

"There's no other explanation," Clary said.

"No one here would betray us like that. This is our family," Isabelle said.

My eyes travel to Lydia and Kiana? Lydia was hugging her sister as Kiana let out a frustrated sigh and shoves her away and leaves.

"Not everyone's family yet," I said.

"You think Kiana had something to do with this," Isabelle snapped.

"They are sisters, she was there, they could both be the moles. Besides you saw how Kiana has Ragnor's Magic now" I said. 

"Jace, Kiana would never do that, she's the most loyal person I know," Isabelle and Clary said.

"I swear if Kiana or Lydia is the leak I'm going to," Jace growls.

"Slow down, we don't know anything if Lydia did anything yet," Clary said.

"I know my Parabatai, she would never do that," Isabelle said. "And wrongfully accusing someone of a crime is dangerous. Trust me, she's been through it and it hurt watching."

"They were right there when we were talking about Ragnor Fell. Kiana appears out of nowhere with scratches and bruises and that doesn't scream suspicious," I snap. "If they're not going to admit what they did then I am going to make them admit it."

"Jace, stop. You are too worked up to talk to anyone right now. What if Kiana had nothing to do with it are you willing to lose her friendship after you worked hard to gain her trust," Clary said.

"Especially not an important envoy from the Clave and especially not my Parabatai," Isabelle said.

"Let me talk to Lydia," Clary said. "And Kiana."

I just stare at Clary.

"If you accuse Alec's fiancée of treason, or the girl he's still in love with of treason, you will ruin whatever relationship you have with him and Kiana," Clary said.

"Clary's right Jace. If Lydia did this or even if you still think Kiana did, they might not be so defensive with Clary. They might let their guard down. Slip up," Isabelle said.

"Fine," I snap. "But I wanna know everything they say."

Clary soon enough walks off.

Kiana Branwell

I was forced to 'hang out' with Lydia as she forced her way into my bedroom.