Chapter Fifty Two

Alec Lightwood

Arrow after arrow I shoot. And arrow after arrow I miss my target.

"Whoa. Same side," Jace said.

"My bad. Mom and Dad said you weren't coming till tomorrow," I said.

"Well, here I am. I'm Jace," Jace said.

"Alec," I smile.

"See, you're hesitating on the release," Jace said.

"I get enough crap from my parents. Don't need it from you," I snap.

"Sorry. See, I'm not used to, you know, other people. Mind if I try," Jace asks.

I hand him my bow and quiver.

"See, it's all about confidence. Once you believe you're the best... You'll be unstoppable," Jace smiles.

He hits the target and I smile proudly at him.

Kiana Branwell

"Jace, I," Alec mumbled.

Magnus tried everything in his power to try and wake Alec up as did I but nothing was working.

"It's not working," Isabelle frowns.

We've been trying and trying to wake Alex up but it seems like nothing was working.

"I'm sorry, Isabelle. Parabatai bonds are like a tether that binds two souls. Jace and Alec share emotions, instincts, strength. It's an angelic bond. My magic can only do so much," Magnus said.

"So Jace is like this, too," I asked.

"Not necessarily. It appears that when Alec called out to him, part of his soul never returned. Now he's stuck, lost somewhere between himself and his parabatai. But if Jace brought back that missing piece of his soul... We may very well have the cure," Magnus said.

I look at Isabelle.

"Whatever we do, we need to do it quickly," I said. "Stay with Alec. I'll go find Jace."

"I'm going with you," Isabelle said.

"No, Alec needs his sister here. He has no one other than you in his family right now. Let me find Jace," I said.

"Alec needs you right now," Isabelle said.

"That's why I'm going to find Jace," I sighed. 

Isabelle pulls me in for a hug as does Magnus.

"You two take care of him," I whisper.

We pull away from one another and depart ways. I glamour myself as Isabelle as I sneak out of the Institute to find Jace. On the way out I find Clary soaking wet.

"C it's me," I whisper.

"K," She whispers.

I nod.

"You're back. Is Jace with you," I ask.

She explained what happened on the ship and then winding up on the beach after being drifted apart from one another.

"I'll find him," I said. "I promise."

"Why," Clary asked. "What if Valentine gets you again?"