Chapter Eighteen

Kiana Fray

"Kiana."

I look around my surroundings and see that I'm not in the Institute. I walk further inside and see my mother floating and asleep.

"Mom." I scream.

"Your mother for the Cup."

I woke up around twelve in the morning and saw Alec besides me dead asleep. I climb out of my bed and make my way to the training room. I wrap my fists up and begin punching the punching bag.

"It's a little too late for that isn't it."

I turn around and spot Isabelle smiling at me.

"What're you doing up," we ask in unison.

"Seems to me that we both stress train when we can't sleep," Isabelle said.

I send her a small smile.

"I also wanted to check on my brother but couldn't find him in his bedroom. Any idea where he is," Isabelle asks.

"He's sleeping in mine," I admit.

"That was right of you to give up your memories to save him," Isabelle said.

"I need him as much as you do," I smile.

"You may not remember but I do. That memory of you and him you have to the demon. I knew you looked familiar. You were my childhood best friend. We always planned to become Parabatai," Isabelle said. "If Alec didn't get to you first."

"I knew I wasn't crazy," I smile.

Isabelle pulls me in for a tight hug and smiles.

"Let's do it now," she says excitedly.

"Do what," I ask.

"Rune one another and become Parabatai," Isabelle said. "We can do it on our own."

I send her a wide smile.

"Let's do it," I smile.

Isabelle and I make our way to her room to retrieve her stele as I go quietly into my room to retrieve mine. Isabelle and I watch as Alec peacefully sleeps on my bed cuddling my body pillow. Isabelle and I smile at one another before leaving Alec to get his rest.

"I always knew you and Alec would be forever," Isabelle said.

I send Isabelle a small smile before rolling my eyes.

"Come on P," I chuckle.

"P," Isabelle asks.

"Let's abbreviate the word," I chuckle.

"If you say so," Isabelle smiles.

Isabelle and I rune one another which hurt a bit and sat on the steps where the greenhouse was. I hold Isabelle's hands as we recite the words which seemed natural to say.

"Something's on your mind," Isabelle said. "Tell me."

"I saw my mother," I sigh. "Valentine knows who I am Izzy."

"Like your name," Isabelle asks.

I nod. Sure we will go with that.