Chapter Sixty Two

Kiana

"New plan. You'll go in and save Simon. I'll go in and back you and Alec up. We will need all the help we can get," I said.

Jace shook his head.

"I'm not letting you —" Jace began.

"As skilled as you are you can't do this alone," I said. "I'll portal myself in and you go and save Simon. I'll take out any threats while you do your job. I got your back Jace."

"Fine but you better promise me one thing," he said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Come back to us safely that's all I ask," he said.

I send him a thumbs up. He pulls me in for a hug.

"Promise me," he said.

I wrap my arms around him.

"Fine I promise," I said. "But the same goes for you."

"I promise," he said.

The two of us break apart from the hug. He disguised himself as Clary and I opened a portal up to the roof. I step inside the portal and find myself in front of Alec and Aldertree. Circle members lying dead on the ground. I run into Alec's arms and hug him.

"You're an idiot Lightwood," I said.

"The bypass must not apply to exterior access points," Aldertree said.

Alec and I pull out of the hug and look at Aldertree.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Alec gave me a quick run down of what the hell Valentine was up to. Four circle members had joined us on the roof.

"Four against three," Alec said.

"Could be worse," Aldertree said.

"Oh please," I scoffed.

I took my whip out that Izzy had given me as a gift. I quickly took out the two members on the right as someone took the other two out on the left. I look up and find Izzy. She seemed to be out of it. She was about to fall to the ground when I caught her in my arms.

"Izzy," I said. "Stay with me."

Alec approaches us and held her hand in his.

"Izzy," he frowned. "Izzy, are you okay?"

"I got you. You okay?" I said.

"I'm so sorry, Alec," Izzy said.

What happened?

"For what, saving our lives?" Alec asked.

Alec takes Izzy into his arms. I check my phone to find a message from Jace.

Simon is safe. Clary snuck into the Institute.

"Idiot," I snapped.

I shove my phone into my pocket. I gather my weapons and kiss Alec on his forehead.

"Take care of your sister. I'm going to finish this," I said.

Before I could leave Alec grabbed my hand in his.

"Don't leave me. We can sort this out together," he said. "Like we always do."

I placed another kiss on his forehead and pulled my hand out of his.

"Your sister needs her big brother right now. Jace needs help so I'll help him. You don't always have to do everything on your own Alec," I said.