Chapter Fourty Seven

A L E C

A L E C

I approach my mother as she watches video surveillance footage of the institute and the city streets in case demons decide to attack.

"Have you spoken to Lydia or Kiana, no one has seen them since the wedding," I ask.

Truthfully, I was worried about the two of them. But those two should have made up by now. My mother gave me the silent treatment. She was still mad at me.

"Mom, come on," I sigh in distress.

"Maryse," dad sighed.

"Mom, I understand that you're upset, but this is," I began.

"Calling off the wedding would've been one thing," she began. "But kissing your bride to be's sister in front of the entire institute, you've embarrassed all of us."

How could she say this when she's always rooted for Kiana and I to end up with one another.

"Why," I ask. "Because she was thrown out by her family."

"No, the fact she was thrown out is the least of my worries," she began.

"Then what's the problem," I ask.

"That you chose Kiana Branwell," mom said.

"She's a sweet girl Alec but if she succumbs to the darkness inside of her if something happens. Alec she isn't good for you. She can kill you if you hurt her," Dad said.

"And she hasn't," I retort.

"Alec, there's so much you don't know about her," Dad said.

"Well then I plan to get to know her even more than I have, every since I laid eyes on her I was pulled into her. She's my drug and I'm her willing victim," I said. "If you have a problem with that then I suggest you deal with it. Now I have to go find Kiana and Lydia."

"Kiana's probably helping Lydia pack for Idris in your father's office," mom said. "What she did."

"Saved my life," I answered. "That's why I should be with Kiana too thank her."

I walk away from my parents and meet up with Magnus in the hall as we decided to talk and we'll find the Branwell sister's.

"On a scale from one to ten how unpleasant was it," Magnus asked.

"It was really unpleasant, but they'll get over it," I sigh.

"Just give them time," Magnus said.