Chapter Twenty Eight

Kiana Fray

I held Simon's cold hand in mine. I looked at his pale face and frowned.

"Remember that one night when I found out Mason had cheated on me, remember how weak and fragile I was. Remember how you helped me through that and you told me I was the strongest person you knew because even the strong break," I said my voice cracking. "You said you'd always be there for me. I can't lose you but I don't want you to be unhappy."

I kiss his cheek and pull him in for a hug as Raphael stands in the corner and watches with a frown on his face. I heard the door open and I turned around to find Jace, Alec and Clary enter. I wipe my tears away and set Simon down. Alec rushed towards me first and pulled me in for a tight hug.

"Gentle, be gentle, I'm still in pain," I winced.

Alec let me go and frowned.

"What happened," Alec asked.

"I was training when the attack happened. The demon looking bastard threw me against the wall and well that shit hurt, then it decided to hit my in the arm with its club. Hodge came in and helped me attack it but was thrown into the wall. I stabbed that shit in the heart like a fucking champ," I explained.

"My girlfriend, the warrior," Alec smiled.

"Accounted for I guess," I said.

"Time is running. You two need to decide now," Raphael said.

"Do you want me to be with you," Alec whispered.

"Clary and I should decide on our own. I promise we will be okay and after all this you can give me a good massage like the good boyfriend you are," I said.

"I promise it'll be the best massage in your life," Alec said.

I put a fake smile on and kiss his cheek.

"I'll go with them in case there's any more attacks," Jace said.

Jace walked out of the room before anyone could reply. I held Alec's arm and looked into his eyes.

"I will be okay, I love you okay," I said.
"You and only you."

"I love you," Alec said. "I trust you."

I kissed Alec's cheek and he exited the room. Raphael carried Simon in his arms. I held the stake in my hand as Clary held the shovel in hers. The three of us and a dead Simon walked towards the cemetery. Clary and I looked at one another.

"What are we going to do," I asked.

"I talked to his mom you should've seen her it was horrible." Clary said.

"Clary, you're opinion matters as does mine. I stand by you no matter what you want to do," I said.

Clary sent me a small smile and nodded.

"We're going to bury him," Clary said.

I nodded.

"Are you sure," Jace asked.

I held Jace's arm back. He seemed shocked but angry.

"Jace it's what we want," I said.

Jace calmed down and nodded. I let his hand go and grabbed the shovel from Raphael.

"Maybe I should dig," Jace and Raphael began.

"I can handle it. He was our best friend. It seems fair that we should do it," I said.