Chapter Twenty Seven

Kiana Fray

"Lydia needs me for a small mission, is that okay," Alec asked.

I sent him a small smile. I trusted Alec with all my heart so of course I told him yes.

"If she oversteps her boundaries with my boyfriend then she won't be okay, but I trust you Alec," I smiled.

Alec kissed my cheek and I handed him his bow and arrows. I waved goodbye as he exited the training room. I saw Lydia passing by and she sent me a small smile. I gave her a small nod and commenced punching the punching bag. After the last punch I sent the bag I sat down. I began wrapping my fists with gauze. I stood up and rolled my neck and stretched my arms. I grabbed daggers and did my normal routine to the targets. I heard a small noise from the door so I opened it. I was shoved back to the wall and I hit my back against the concrete. I slowly got up and grabbed a seraph blade off the weapon holder. The seraph blade lit up at my touch and the demon looking man swung his club at me hitting my arm. I let out a small scream and kicked the bastard down to the ground. Hodge entered the room and pushed me behind him as the demon looking thing got up and fought with Hodge. Hodge was thrown back to the wall and I jumped up and stabbed the demon looking thing in the chest. It's body fell to the floor taking me with it. I felt arms wrap around me and I saw Hodge lift me up and carry me to the stairs. I sat down holding my arm as Hodge checked the demon looking thing.

"What was that," I panted.

"It's a Forsaken," Hodge answered.

Hodge approached me and helped me out of the training room. Isabelle, Robert, Max and Maryse saw Hodge and I. Isabelle rushed towards me and helped me up.

"Hodge what happened," Maryse asked.

She cupped my face with her hands and moved my head side to side. It reminded me of Jocelyn when I would get hurt during games.

"I'm fine Maryse," I groan.

"A Forsaken attacked. She helped me kill it," Hodge answered.

"My very own Parabatai killed her first Forsaken," Isabelle smiled.

"Your very own Parabatai would like to lay down and rest her back," I said.

"You sound like an old woman," Max teased.

"Max, how could you," I gasp.

"Sorry," Max grinned.

Isabelle helped me to Alec's bedroom because he had a comfier mattress. Isabelle set me down and chuckled.

"I'm glad you're in our lives," Isabelle said.

"Me to," I smiled. "You have wonderful brothers and amazing parents. They just need to accept you like I do."

Isabelle got teary eyed. She pulled me in for a tight hug and I winced. She pulled away from the hug and chuckled.

"I forgot," Isabelle said.

"We should tell Alec and the others," I sighed.

"I will tell Alec and the others, you get some rest," Isabelle said.

"Alright Isabelle," I said.

Isabelle left the room and I waited for five minutes. I got up from the bed and snuck over to where Simon's body was. I saw Raphael sitting inside and watching Simon's body.

"You're still here," I asked.

Raphael looked up and smiled.

"Are you okay," he asked.

"Yes it's not everyday you're attacked by a Forsaken," I scoff.

"Need a massage," Raphael asks.

Now that I think about it ...

"Sure," I smile.

I sat in front of Raphael as he worked his magic on my back.

"Why're you still here," I ask.

"Camille might want to get him have you decided," Raphael asked.

I shook my head.

"Need some advice," Raphael asked.

I shrugged.

"Do what you think Simon will want. Although the life of a Vampire is luxurious you miss out on the things of life after you and Clary die, Simon will live. It'll hurt him for a while but he will get used to it and if he contains his talkative self I promise I will take care of him," Raphael said.

"How did this happen," I asked.

"Camille, remember when she bit him? A vampire has a hold on those she bites. Remember how he was when you attacked Camille? He thought he was in love with her and he attacked you. It drove him mad to the point where he came back and she drained him dry," Raphael said.

"Does it hurt? The bite," I asked.

Raphael furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why," Raphael asked.

"I'd give up my life for Simon, Raphael. I thought that was pretty evident," I said.

"It was noticeable," Raphael said.

"If we do let Simon turn I – I want you to turn me when I am ready," I said.

"No. I can't – the Accords — " Raphael said.

"What will it take Raphael," I asked. "Either my friend can turn me or I go to the hotel and let them drink me dry."

"I'll – I will think about it," Raphael said.

I nodded.

"Let's keep this between you and I," I said.