Chapter Seventeen

Alec Lightwood

After the whole almost dying by a demon thing we all made our way back to the Institute. We each retreated to our separate rooms seeing as we were all tired. I felt bad for making Kiana lose her memories. I mean sure I also feel bad for Clary but mostly Kiana. I got up from my bed and made my way to her bedroom. I heard voices inside and I peek inside and see Kiana and Jace on her bed talking.

"How're you doing," Jace asks.

"Fine. Alec's still here so I'm fine I guess," She answers.

"You know, that move you did, launching into the tornado, that was pretty impressive," Jace said. "You must have one hell of an instructor."

"Well that said instructor is alive and well and was dangling because of me, I reacted," she said.

"Kiana," Jace chuckled. "You killed one of the Greater Demons. There's not a lot of Shadow Hunters who can make that claim."

"Yes, but, in killing that demon. I lost me and Clary's memories forever," she sighed.

"Yeah," Jace sighs.

"I can't believe it. I'm never going to find Jocelyn. I'm never going to find my real family and why they let me go. I'm never going to know if the things I see of me and Alec are real," she said.

"Hey, we will find her and we will find your answers," Jace said.

He pulls her in for a hug and she hugs him back.

"I promise," Jace said. "Get some sleep okay?"

I heard footsteps coming towards the door.

"Jace," she calls.

"Yes Kiana," Jace said.

"I just want you to know that if it were you dangling by a demon Clary would've saved you," she said.

"Why not you," Jace asks.

"Because I'd be the one to give my life up for you or Isabelle or Alec or Clary," she said.

"Get some sleep," Jace said.

"Good night blondie," she said.

"Good night blondie," Jace said.

He exits out of the room and smiles when he sees me.

"She isn't mad okay," Jace said.

I send him a small smile and hug him before knocking on her door. I enter as she says come in.

"Oh, hey Alec, feeling better," she asks.

I send her a small smile and nod my head.

"May I," I ask.

She nods her head and I sit next to her on her silky bed. I hold her hand in mine. A single tear falls down her cheek. I wipe it off and hug her.

"I almost lost you," she sniffled. "I couldn't lose you. I've lost too much."

"I'm not going anywhere," I said.

"It's my fault it almost got you," she said.

"It's my fault for letting go," I admitted.

"Why'd you let go," she asks.

"I was afraid you didn't love me the way I love you," I admit.

Her eyes meet mine and she smiles. Her lips met mine as we kiss. She pulls apart for a second whispering the words.

"I love you too Alec Lightwood."