Chapter Fourteen

Kiana Fray

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Kiana Fray

I deliver punch after punch to the bag as I train alone. My fists hurting and throbbing as I harden my pace.

"You're going to hurt yourself."

I stop punching and turn around to see Alec crossing his arms and looking right at me. He raises an eyebrow and I sigh.

"What's wrong," Alec asked.

"You know how I went into the City of Bones and had a little bit of my memory unlocked," I ask.

Alec nods.

"My parents gave me away willingly," I said. "And every time I touch your hands or your arm I see glimpses of my past and for some reason I see you and Isabelle."

"Meaning," Alec asked.

"When we were younger," I said.

Alec smiles.

"There was this one girl," Alec grinned.

"And," I ask.

"She and Isabelle use to be really close friends they planned to be one another's parabatai. But she and I were closer than close," Alec said.

"You loved her," I smile.

"Then one day she disappeared," Alec sighed.

It grew silent between us. I reach for his hand and hold it.

"We should get ready for the Downworlder party right," I ask.

Alec sends me a small smile and nods his head. He was about to leave but I pull him back and hold him close.

"Thank you for all you've done for me Alec this hasn't been easy on any of us but I'm glad you're here beside me," I said.

Alec sent me a wide smile.

"I'm glad you stumbled into our lives," he said.

The two of us lean in closer, our lips almost touching. His hot breath hitting my lips and I close my eyes. I hear someone clear their throat. Alec and I pull apart and I open my eyes to see Jace and Clary smirking.

"We were just uh," Alec and I said in unison.

Alec and I both turned red and walk away from one another. I grab Clary by her arm and drag her to my bedroom.

"Well that's cute," Clary smirked.

"Nothing happened," I sigh.

"Something could've happened," Clary said.

"He doesn't like me like that," I sigh.

"Please, I haven't seen Alec smile since we've met. Haven't seen him really care like that even Isabelle says he's happier now that you're here," Clary said.