Chapter Fifty Eight

Alec Lightwood.

I arrived at the Bane household an hour early to help Kiana, Magnus and Jace finish setting up for the party. It was perfect. Kiana and Magnus made sure of it. We all then changed into our clothes for the night. Being men we had basic suits on. Nothing too fancy. Nothing to casual. Kiana had a beautiful black dress on that complimented her perfectly.

"You look outstanding," I smile.

She kisses me on the cheek and holds my hand in hers. A small smile forms on my face. We hadn't been like this since that night... I feel so guilty for what I had done. The guests started to arrive and we were waiting on the honored guest and my mother. Mother walked in with a bottle of wine.

"Heard you like to drink," she said.

She handed Magnus the bottle of wine. I watched as Kiana tensed up.

"That's a little rude to say to your host," Kiana muttered.

Mother and Kiana had an intense stare off. I cleared my throat to break the tension. Remembering that the night was not about their personal issues and about Max.

"This is all for you Max" Kiana smiled.

Max sent her a small smile. He gave her a big hug and Kiana chuckled.

"You're pretty awesome," Max told Kiana.

"Why don't you go and have some fun," she smiled.

He pulled Kiana along with him. I turn and face my mother.

"Can you be nice to her," I sigh.

"What," mom said.

*****

Kiana Branwell.

I made my way out of the apartment. It was too crowded of people I didn't really know nor care about other than my friends and family. I sat outside the apartment to catch some air and refocus my thoughts. I wish I could be as strong as Clary but I can't. Losing Jocelyn like that.. it really hurt. She accepted me for who I was and made me the happiest as she raised me. She was and forever will be my true mother.

"Alec - "

I look up and watch as Alec's body begins to fall from the apartment balcony. Without even thinking about it I began to fly with angel wings and catch Alec in my arms. I set him down on the balcony floor and the wings hid back inside of me. Clary looked at me shocked. Magnus and the other enter the balcony and I check on Alec.

"Are you okay," I ask.

"How did you," Alec asked.

I pull him in for a hug and hold him tightly in my arms.

"Alec! Oh, my God," Maryse said.

She kneeled besides me and held Alec's hand.

"What happened?" I asked.

"All of a sudden, he started talking about how I hated him for killing my mom," Clary said.

"Alec," Jace said joining the party.

Jace watched as Maryse held onto her son only to pull her away.

"You know what, you stay away from him. You can't be trusted," Jace said too Maryse.

"I can't be trusted? Now you see why I was wary of having a party at a warlock's house," Maryse snapped.

Soon enough Simon joined us outside.

"Wow. What's going on here?" He asked.

"Oh, what do you care? Maia is at the bar," Clary snapped.