Chapter Twenty Nine

Kiana Fray

After the update Clary and Jace gave me I decided to stay with Isabelle to help her around the Institute. I trusted Raphael to take care of Simon for me.

"Meliorn? What are you doing here," Isabelle asked.

I turned around and saw Shadowhunters walking in with the Seelie my sister in front of it all.

"The Clave called me in for some kind of conference," Meliorn answered.

Isabelle wrapped the Seelie in her famous hug but just briefly.

"I'm so happy to see you," Isabelle smiled.

"Spare me. Your fire message was pretty clear that you never wanted to see me again," the Seelie spat.

"Isabelle, what's a fire message," I whisper.

"Not now," Isabelle said.

"Step aside Isabelle and Kiana," Lydia said.

Okay, she may be my older sister but I will slap her with a good reason. I raise an eyebrow and Isabelle holds my arms and pulls me back. Isabelle and I listened and stepped aside.

"The Clave has ordered that you are to be placed under arrest," Lydia said.

"What for," Isabelle asked.

"This is bullshit Lydia," I snapped.

"Soliciting state secrets from a Shadowhunter on behalf of Valentine Morganstern. Guards," Lydia said.

The two men who stood behind her grabbed Merliorn roughly and dragged him away.

"That's bullshit Lydia and you know it," I said.

"Have you lost your mind," Isabelle asked.

"Me? You're lucky that you weren't arrested along with him," Lydia said. "You too Kiana."

"What are you talking about," I asked.

"It's our understanding that your long-standing relationship with the Seelie, Meliorn, may have led to the disclosure of state secrets," Lydia said.

"What! No! Meliorn told Isabelle how to get inside the Hotel DuMort to help save a mundane," I snapped.

"And you think she didn't tell anything to him in return," Lydia sighed.

"Of course she didn't. I trust Isabelle she's my Parabatai," I said. "She never gave me a reason not to unlike some people."

"No one is blaming her for the attack. Meliorn was likely to be working with Valentine all along," Lydia said.

"Lydia, open your eyes, Valentine has been murdering Seelies and draining their bodies for months. He probably killed those Seelie scouts and use their blood," I began.

"Where's the proof of that," Lydia asked.

You may be my sister but I will punch you.

"Do you have proof that he's soliciting secrets to Valentine," I yelled.

"I have orders, I never wanted any of this," Lydia said.