Chapter 5- The Memory

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Ivy's POV

I blink my eyes open after a restless night of sleep and leap out of bed, eager to get to work again. I need to find a way to restore Nia's memory, no matter what. I eagerly run to the massive library in the house, and start to read where I last left off yesterday, before Wolf forced me to go sleep and get rest. I can't help it if I want to focus on helping my sister, and it hurts knowing that she doesn't remember me.

"Ivy!" Wolf calls out. He walks into the library and places a tray of breakfast foods on the table. "I brought you breakfast." I push it aside and ignore it and him. I've felt super awkward and tense around him sine he told me about his true identity, I just don't know what to do! I want to talk to someone about it, but I promised that I wouldn't, no matter how much it eats away at me. It's just such a heavy burden to bear alone, and I want my sister here to support me.

"I don't want to eat." I murmur, focusing on the book in front of me. Yet again, it's useless and says things I already know about memory. It doesn't say anything about memory loss, or how to cure it. I sigh and Wolf sits down in a chair next to me.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, Ivy. You really should eat it." Wolf scolds, mimicking Nia so well it hurts.

"Don't do that." I command, sadness and anger obvious in my voice. I turn away from Wolf as tears threaten to spill over from my eyes. I haven't known her for long, but our bond grew a lot. I feel very close to my twin, and I just want her back.

"I'm sorry." Wolf quietly whispers as his strong arms wrap around my waist, pulling me into his warm chest. I let the tears fall freely as we comfortably sit like this in silence. Once I am done crying, Wolf lets me go, and we go back to poring over books to do with memory, desperately searching for a cure for my lost sister.

In the afternoon, Angel bursts into the library with a massive smile. She must have talked to Saber and gotten news on Nia!

"Did you talk to Saber? Is it news on Nia's condition? Is she getting her memory back?" I quickly stand and walk over to Angel questioning her rapidly as I practically run towards her.

"I did speak to Saber, and it was only brief because he is busy, but he was able to tell me some information on Nia's memory. They kissed, and Nia's memories of Saber were returned to her. A conclusion as to why this has happened has come from Nia herself, who is dealing with this first hand!" Angel exclaims, and I motion for her to continue.

She moves past me to sit at the table, and I join her, reclaiming the seat I urgently left when she entered the room.

"Nia thinks that when her and Saber kissed the last time before all of her memory disappeared, her memories of Saber went to Saber's mind and stayed there, like they were in storage, until they kissed again and they could be returned. She remembers that when they kissed the final time, she could only remember Saber, and felt the memories slipping away from her through their connection. However, her memories are very selective in the way that she can only literally remember Saber."

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused and crestfallen as my hope of her memory returning plummets.

"Well, Saber told me that Nia said that in her memories, she can only remember Saber and things to do with Saber, anything that isn't related to Saber in the memories is fuzzy, confusing and indistinguishable. So, Nia only remembers Saber. The rest of us are a blur or simply a dark dot in the sea of darkness clouding her memories from her." As Angel finishes her explanation, my body feels cold. Emotionless.