Epilogue- The Separation

Song: Losing Your Memory by Ryan Star

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Nia's POV

I wake up, my whole body sore and tingling after the night's activities with Saber. It makes me regret doing this even more. I gaze fondly at his naked sleeping form, smiling at the still fresh memory, but tears coming to my eyes for what I am going to do.

"Nia, why are you awake? I'm tired, and I'm sure you are too. Go back to sleep. You don't have anything to worry about." Saber mumbles sleepily with his eyes still closed.

"If you're tired, why don't you sleep?" I suggest while I stand up and walk over to my dresser, picking up the locket that I summoned and teleported here using my powers of the Earth and Darkness. It's a plain locket made of dark metal in the shape of an oval, strong and unbreakable. It will last forever.

I clasp it on and rub it between my fingers, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. However, I fight to hold them back and have everything seem normal for Saber. I don't want this moment ruined.

"Only if you sleep with me." Saber says. "Where are you going?" He opens his eyes. I quickly lie and reply

"I'm going to the bathroom." I rush to my bathroom and wash my face, getting back my composure and pushing back the horrible emotions rolling inside. I take a deep breath and walk back into my bedroom, lying down facing Saber and taking his hand. "I'm not tired yet, so I'll stay up for a bit, but I'll lie here next to you instead. Is that ok?" I ask, smiling at Saber. He turns to look at me and smiles as well

"For now."

"Want me to tell you a story?" I question, stroking his hair. He closes his eyes and nods. Struggling to think of one, I remember when we were in a similar position months ago, in this very room. I remember his story, about the leopard princess and prince who ended up getting married. "Okay, I have the perfect story." I state, my voice catching at the sweet memory, since it won't happen again.

"The leopard prince and leopard princess, now married and King and Queen, rule over their domain happily. Their people are happy, and they're happy. But, there's one thing missing. Kittens!"

"This is a continuation of my story, isn't it?" Saber tiredly says

"Yes it is, now shh and relax." I respond, then continue on with the story. "However, one day, something happened to the leopard queen that changed her forever, and not for the better. This led to a big secret that was growing inside of her. She knew she had to tell her husband, but was afraid of what his reaction would be."

"The husband will always love his wife no matter what." Saber interrupts again. I smile at him as I feel him becoming more drowsy.

"Of course, and the queen knows this, but it still frightened her. So, one day, she went up to her husband and asked him 'How much do you love me?' He replied 'I love you so much I gave you my heart, so treat it well.' The queen started to cry out of happiness, and responded back 'I will treasure it carefully forever, as long as you do the same for my heart, because I gave you mine too.'

"The King agreed, and to commemorate the moment, got his queen a heart locket to put their picture in, and hopefully one day, their children's pictures." I hear that Saber's breathing slowed down, and I know it's time.

I start to cry, and I can't hold it back. I quickly dash them away and fight against them. Now isn't the time, I'll release my emotions once this is done. I hold the locket I put around my neck into my hand, opening it up to reveal a picture of me and Saber.