Chapter 16- The Injuries

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Saber's POV

Angel bursts into Nia's office, catching me off guard. I study her appearance, and she doesn't seem worried, or scared, just excited and curious. I try to think of a reason for her unexpected presence, but I have no idea. I decide to ask her

"Angel, what's going on? Why did you burst in here without any warning?"

"I need to ask you a question, and I need you to answer truthfully." She answers, very seriously. "Who got your attitude to change yesterday?" By the look on her face, Angel already has an idea of who it was, she just wants her suspicions confirmed. I sigh and reply truthfully

"It was Ivy."

"She got out of bed?!" Angel exclaims

"I know, it surprised me as well. I tried to get her to go back to her room, but you know how she is. She glared at me the whole time, still looking fierce." I briefly explain. Angel's eyes soften, and she questions

"How did she look, is she okay?"

"She looked thin, weak and pale. She had bags under her eyes, and looked like she was frightened. She's probably been having nightmares, but all we can do is try to help her through it."

"Do you think that Wolf would help?"

"I don't know. But, take into consideration the fact that you were saying to me before all of this, their relationship seemed a bit unstable, but they did go through the same thing. Maybe they can only truly confide in each other, since they know that they'll be able to understand. Also, maybe Ivy would talk to Nia, we just don't know, and won't know until Nia wakes up from her coma."

"I'm going to visit Ivy and see if I can get her to talk a bit. I'll update you on anything that happens."

"Okay, thanks. I'll see you later."

"See ya." Angel walks out of the office, and I slump back into my chair, exhausted by everything that's been going on. Everything just seems too stressful and too much to handle overall. The worst part is, I don't know what to do about any of it, and it makes me feel utterly useless, which I hate. I can't stand not being useful. I decide to go see Nia and check on her, maybe there has been some progress. I can only hope.

When I get over to the hospital, I see Nia's parents, the Cat King and Queen, standing over her. I step into the room, staying silent. I know that they would have smelled and heard me enter, so I take a bit of time to just study Nia. I miss hearing her voice, I miss seeing her smile and her eyes. I miss the feeling of her hand in mine and her when she's in my arms.

"So, Saber, why did you leave my daughter unprotected and alone?" Marcus growls, interrupting my thoughts. I look up at him in surprise and confusion, not fully understanding what he is talking about. I ask

"What do you mean?"

"Nia was here all on her own before we got here! There is no guard at the door or anywhere nearby, and nobody in sight! What if she got attacked again?" He roars at me, barely containing his rage. I can tell that he wants to shift and rip me to shreds.

"The people who harmed your daughters are dead. Trust me, I made sure of that." I growl at the thought of them.

"Can you make sure that every single person involved in the crime is dead?"

"Of course not, you can never do that. There may always be a puppet master, and you never know when you get the right puppet master. The puppet master you kill might have had a puppet master, and they might have a puppet master, we never know. If you think that there are still people that will harm your daughters, then go find them and question them. Don't take out your anger on other people." I storm out of the room, not wanting to be there with him.