Chapter 7- The Story

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Saber's POV

I look at Nia's beautiful sleeping form and run my finger along her cheek gently.

"Are you really just going to stare at her the whole time?" Angel teases "If so, that's kind of creepy."

"I'm her connection mate I can stare at her all I want." I reply in a slightly bratty tone, making Angel smirk "What's your excuse?" Mimicking my tone, she answers

"I'm her guardian. It is my duty and right to watch over her."

"Whatever." We both chuckle lightly. "It's been about 6 hours. Do you think she'll wake up soon, or will it take longer this time because her brain is under more distress?" I quietly ask, dreading the answer, but unable to keep the question inside. Before Angel gets the chance to answer, Nia's eyes flutter open as she groans and starts to sit up. I immediately move to her side and help Nia sit up and lean on my shoulder.

"My head hurts." She whimpers, breaking my heart with the sadness in her voice. She sounds so frail, so small.

"Angel, get her pain medication and water please." I say, not taking my eyes off of Nia as we lock eyes.

"I'm on it." She replies, but as soon as she opens the door, she sees Hannah and Alicia. "Who are you?" Angel asks Alicia.

"My name is Alicia, and I am close friends with Her Majesty Antonia. I also happen to be apart of a group of women that delegated the task of taking care of the well-being of Her Majesty to ourselves. So, who are you?" Alicia strongly replies, glaring at Angel and trying to look intimidating, but failing with her small stature.

"Alicia calm down this is one of Antonia and Saber's friends from before she became the queen." Hannah rolls her eyes "Also, you know that Antonia doesn't like all of the formal stuff between friends, so don't call her Her Majesty."

"I know Hannah, I just didn't want to seem informal in front of a stranger. I didn't know that she's friends with Antonia!" Alicia argues. Hannah is about to reply when Nia suddenly interrupts by shouting

"Can you bicker somewhere else where there isn't a cranky and powerful queen with a massive headache in the vicinity?"

"Sorry!" They both apologize immediately, and Alicia adds

"I'll get the water!"

"I'll get the pain pills!" Hannah says, and they both scurry out of the room.

"Finally. Now please, you two, no talking." Nia sighs, closes her eyes and rests her head on my shoulder. I grasp her hands in mine and rub circles on the back of her hand, which causes her to relax and start to purr. I echo the sound, happy that she is getting some sort of peace from the pain.

"I'll just go see if I can find the library and start on research." Angel states awkwardly, and all but runs out of the room. I smile at her reaction, and relax into the warmth of Nia's body pressed against my side.

A couple minutes later, Alicia and Hannah burst into the room, carrying a glass of water and a box of pain pills.

"We got the stuff for you Antonia." Hannah states, and Alicia finishes off by saying

"We hope you feel better, and that you recover soon." They place the things on the dark wood bedside table, then quickly exit the room, closing the door behind them. I reach across for the box of medicine, and see it says to take two pills every 4 hours. I open the box and pop two pills out, put the box back and grab the water, while all still holding one of Nia's hands with my other hand.