Chapter 16 - part 1

"He's coming our way. How's Ed?" I ask over the com. He had gotten shot in leg by the shooter a little under 10 minutes ago. Sam was put in charge and Jules was second. "They say he will be fine. The boss is on his way still." Sam states. "If we can't talk him down, you're Sierra 1 and Spike is Sierra 2. Leah is still working on getting kids out and I have Jules helping me try to figure this kid out." He adds. "Copy that. Is Dean alright?" I ask walking towards a corner of the hallway and setting up for Sierra 1. Spike gets near me, waiting for Sam or Jules to meet us.

*few minutes later*

"Scorpio! Scorpio!" Jules orders as her and Spike scramble for cover as he also tries to shield her. I didn't want to kill the kid, but Jules gave the order, and he was about to kill an officer. I fired.

*That morning*

"Taylor?" Dean asks. I am on my way to work with Spike when Dean calls me. My dad is visiting a friend today so Ed is going to be in charge. "Hey buddy. What's up?" I ask. "Dads busy and I was wondering if you could pick me up for school? I haven't gotten my license here yet and I missed the bus already...." Dean says sheepishly. "Yeah, sure bud. I'll be there in a few minutes." I say hanging up. "What's up?" Spike asks as he looks over his phone. "Dean needs to be taken to school. Can you text Ed and tell him we will be late to his fun day of training and pre requalification practice?" I ask. Spike nods, smiling, and I drive off to my dads place.

"Hey kiddo." I say to Dean when we arrive at my dads place and I open the car door for him. "You know, I'm 17." Dean points out. "I'm still older than you. So for now, you're kiddo." I chuckle. He rolls his eyes and buckles his seat. "Hey Dean." Spike says turning around and nodding at him. "Officer Scarlatti." Dean says. "Dean, what have I told you? You can call me Spike. No need for the formal stuff." Spike chuckles. "Right....Spike." He says correcting himself. "So any chance I can come see you guys in action sometime soon?" Dean asks. "You're going to have to take that one up with dad. It took him...like....a year to let me come on a ride along." I say as I drive. Dean chuckles and we arrive at his school. "Text or call if you need anything alright? Just don't get into trouble with your phone." I say to Dean. "Don't worry. Haven't gotten a detention since I was little." He says waving goodbye to Spike and I as he gets out of the car. "Tell me if you need to be picked up!" I say driving off.

"Look at you being a good sister." Spike says smirking. "Oh shut up!" I say smiling and heading onto the highway to get to the station. "I'm just saying. You're a great sister to him. Even if not by blood. You're a great sister." Spike says sincerely. "My mom....was pregnant at the time she died. I was going to be a big sister to a little brother...but it didn't happen...." I say softly. "I'm sorry." Spike says putting a hand on my shoulder. "Yeah. But I'm glad I get to spend time with Dean. Even if I didn't meet him till a year or two ago." I say. I park at work and then head inside with Spike. "Wondered when you two would how up! You just missed the first work out session of the day." Ed says smiling. "Mhmh. Don't worry. I'm gonna go get changed and then feel free to start the torture on Spike and I." I say rolling my eyes. Spike heads off to change as well.

"Team one, hot call at Newtonbrook High! Shoot out in progress." Winnie says. "That's Dean's school." I say running out after getting changed. "They also found some suspicious packages in the garbage cans on the first and second floor." Winnie adds. "We should call the boss." I say to Ed. "He's three hours away at a cabin in the middle of nowhere fishing! Yeah I'll try and call him. Get the SUVs loaded." Ed orders. The alarm sounds and we run off to get everything packed.