Chapter 20

After all the angst and sadness I've given you the past few chapters I thought I'd switch it up. Hope you like it☺️
- @taylorann_1426

"Morning." Spike says kissing my nose. I yawn, stretch and then cuddle up next to him. "Five more minutesssss." I say sleepily. "Well it's your lucky day because it's our day off." Spike says as I turn around, he is smiling at me. "What do you want for breakfast?" He asks. "What time is it?" I ask, to lazy to check the digital clock on Spike's side of the bed. "10 AM. I thought I'd let you sleep in. I got up around 7." He says. "10? I haven't slept in that late in...a long time." I mumble sleepily. He just chuckles. "Tay. Breakfast?" He asks again as I close my eyes and start to fall asleep. "Surprise me." I whisper out before I am complete asleep again.

Spike heads to the kitchen and starts making pancakes, eggs, canadian bacon, toast, and starts up another pot of coffee. He turns on the radio and jams out to some Indy 90's music as well. When I walk in, I'm hit with the smell of an amazing breakfast, and the sight of Spike dancing around the kitchen with a spatula. "Morning." I say sneaking up behind him and putting my head on his shoulder. He jumps slightly. I smile. "Just for that you aren't getting coffee." He states, but he's smirking and then kisses me. "No coffee?!" I say faking shock. I put my hand over my heart and give him wide eyes. "It's on the counter over there." Spike comments nudging me towards it. "Mhmh. You'rethebest." I say sleepily. He turns the radio down and flips a few more pancakes.

We eat breakfast, enjoying the fact that we don't have to go to work or get up at some ungodly hour in the morning for one of Ed's training days. "I think he purposely likes to make us suffer." Spike laughs. I smile a goofy smile and that makes Spike laugh more. "Okay. Let's actually finish our breakfast now." I comment trying to calm my laughter. "Agreed." Spike says. "It's a very good breakfast I must add though." I point out. "Only the best for you." He says, looking me sincerely in the eyes. "Anyways!" Spike says hopping up and picking up both of our empty plates. "I was thinking we could invite the team over and watch the hockey game coming on this afternoon." He states. "Sounds like the perfect plan." I say getting up and kissing his cheek. "I'll text my dad and Jules." I say starting to walk off to the hallway to the bathroom. "I guess I'll be in charge of Leah and Ed, Sam is with Jules so we don't have to worry about that." He states. "Make sure to invite Ed's family!" I point out. "Of course!" Spike says cleaning the plates from breakfast. "Are you going to shower?" He asks. "Yeah." I say casually. "Without me?" He smirks.

I roll my eyes and walk off to the shower and start it up. "You coming mr?" I ask peaking my head out of the bathroom. Some steam escapes as well when I do. Spike makes a big grin and then I drag him into the bathroom with me as he walks towards me. We shower and then get ready for the party for the afternoon. "My dad volunteered to grill hot dogs and hamburgers." I say checking my texts as I load the fridge with food from the grocery store. "Do you even remember what happened the last time he did that?" Spike points out giving a slightly scared look. It clicks and I look at him with the same expression. "Right. Scratch that. Ed or Sam can do it. Or you." I say. He nods and wraps his arms around me. "I want to enjoy this afternoon. With you. Not the just the team. You. Ed or Sam can grill." Spike says trailing kisses from my head to the nape of my neck.

"Now now. We have a party to get ready for still. We are only half way done. Later." I reassure kissing him. He nods and we get back to work. Around 1, my dad shows up with Dean, next is Ed and his family, the rest of the team come in after them. Leah even comes with her girlfriend. Ed grills the hot dogs and hamburgers and we all sit outside for a while, laughing and talking about our lives at work and with family. The hockey game comes on and then we all get inside and sit down on the couches to watch it. I cuddle next to Spike and we watch the game with the rest of the team. Occasionally getting up to grab snacks.