Chapter 18 - part 2

"Fill us in Winnie." The boss says over the com. I am in an SUV with Ed, the boss is in another with Spike, Jules, Sam and Leah are in the last SUV. "They don't have much information on who put the package there, but it wasn't there this morning when people went in, it was only there when they came back from lunch." Winnie says. "Alright so someone came in during lunch break and put it there. It has to be someone who has clearance if they even got into the parking garage. See what you can find Winnie." The boss says. "Copy that boss." She says signing off.

"The package is a box with a bunch of wire on top of it, but the women that found it said she saw a blinking red light underneath the wire." Spike reads from the tablet, Winnie had sent some more information to us. We arrive on scene at the government building. "Taylor, Spike, figure out if the suspicious package is definitely a bomb and if so, disarm it. Jules, Leah, Sam, help evacuate the building. Ed, you're with me at the command post in the van." The boss says. "Copy that." We all say. Spike and I move out and take the elevator with Babycakes to the 5th level of the parking garage. "Who would want to blow up this area?" I ask Spike. "Maybe it's not a who but a why would someone want to blow up this area? For all we know it could be a car the bomber is jealous of." Spike points out. I snicker at that. "We've seen pettier things happen." I shrug and point out. He smirks and turns on Babycakes's X-ray and moves her closer to the bomb. "Bad news boss. We have anti-handling measures. Good news, there are no contagions, poisons, or chemicals." I say reading over Spike's shoulder as he looks at the X-ray image more.

"I'm going to take these images down to the command truck and run them against anything we have on file. Maybe something will pop up and we can find the bomber. Taylor, you got this one?" He asks me. "Going in manual boss." I say taking my gloves off and putting a quick hand on Spike's shoulder and nodding at him. He nods back sincerely and then heads off with Babycakes back down the elevator. "How's evac going guys?" I ask Jules, Leah and Sam. "Almost done. Don't worry." Leah says reassuringly.

"Copy that." I say kneeling down with the package and slowly taking the bulk of wires off the top. "35 minutes. I can work with that." I say seeing the timer. I pull out my tac knife and cut through the C4 very slowly till I can dig down and see the anti-handling device. There are 3 mercury switches, 2 wires, 2 big things of C4. Thankfully the wires are not under the timer. I use the trusted method of acetone and dry ice to freeze the mercury switches. Then I slowly cut the one wire near the timer, knowing the other would blow me up, along with the entire parking garage most likely.

"Bomb diffused." I say as the timer stops at 10 minutes 34 seconds. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, then I get up and take the bomb with me down to the disposal truck. "Good job as always." Ed says patting my shoulder. "Who knew I wanted to disarm a bomb on my wedding day?" I ask jokingly. Spike laughs a bit. "Found a girl in the database with a picture of a bomb matching that X-ray. A Jesse Jackson, 31, went to jail years ago for making these types of bombs, was released last week." Spike says walking over and showing me a picture. "Where does she live?" The boss asks. "Oh look at that, I also have her address." Spike smirks, handing the boss the address on file. "Let's go team." Ed says getting into an SUV. The rest of the team get into SUVs. I hop into one as well and we all drive off.

We raid Jesse Jackson's house and find her. I proudly get the honor of cuffing her and leading her out to an officer's car. "Justice League!" Spike says high fiving the team  and I. He has a huge grin on his face and I roll my eyes. We get back to the station and finish shift. "Who's ready for a reception party?" I ask as we all head out of the station. There is cheering heard and we drive off to a park where the reception is. There's a DJ and great Italian food. I get excited when it's time for Spike and I to surprise everyone with fireworks. We set them up and have everyone get back under the pavilion so they can still see, but be safe. Spike and I light them at the same time and run back to the pavilion to watch with everyone else. A beautiful display of fireworks shoot up into the sky, they are definitely Disney worthy. Spike and I kiss while watching the fireworks display still go on and then enjoy the last hour of the reception with family and friends.