Chapter 18 - part 1

"Getting married on Canada Day. Who would have imagined that?" My dad says as we stand outside the church. I was too busy freaking out. "Elizabeth?" My dad asks, using my middle name. "Sorry." I say snapping my attention back to him. "You look amazing. Michelangelo is going to be in awe." My dad reassures. Sam and Ed walk over. They whistle when they see me. I roll my eyes. "Boys. Don't make me taser you now." I joke, smirking. They raise there hands in surrender. Jules, Leah and Donna, and my friend Kat walk over. "Sam. Ed. Shoo." Jules says. "Nice bridesmaids outfit Donna." Ed comments. She was in her SRU uniform because she just got off work. "Well some of us have work." Donna comments. "Oh yeah? Well some of us work even harder. We have work right after this. Got a shift to get through. Don't we team?" Ed asks team one. I nod and so do the others. Ed smirks. "Going to the reception tonight though right?" I ask Donna. "Wouldn't miss for the world." She says nodding.

"It's time." Kat says checking the inside of the church. The bridesmaids walk in ahead of me and also the groomsmen. Then the music changes and I put my arm around my dads. "Ready?" He asks. I nod. I walk down the isle, I can see Spike standing on stage with the priest. Everyone is standing and I see Spike's brothers and mom. They'd flown in from Italy I guess. Spike smiles as I get on the stage and stand in front of him. "Bellissimo (beautiful)." Spike says. I blush a bit. We get through everything and then I hear the words. "You may now kiss the bride." From the priest. Spike kisses me and dips me down as he does. There is cheering from the entire room and I think I see Wordy take a picture with his phone. He'd taken off work from Guns & Gangs just to be here. Spike and I head out first and drive to the station. "Husband." I say. "Wife." He says. "Wow." I say still in shock. "I know." He says, driving.

"So you do have the batch of Roman candles we made right?" I ask. "Of course, dear. Hiding at work near Babycakes. Also I have the palungas and some...creative sparklers." Spike chuckles. "Hey, we ran out of the chemicals really needed for them and so I improvised while you worked on finishing the Roman candles. Trust me. Even the adults will want to do a sparkler." I chuckle. As a surprise for the reception tonight, Spike and I made a whole bunch of different fireworks and such by hand like Spike did as a kid. We just hope no one finds the stash.

We get changed when we get to work and meet up with the rest of the team. "Here come the newlyweds!" Ed says clapping. "Alright which one of you eggheads put cream cheese in my tac vest?" I ask crossing my arms and glaring at the bunch. They all point at each other and I frown. "Actually that was me." Spike says. I uncross my arms and turn to my right to face him. "Michaelangelo Scarlatti!" I yell. "Please don't kill me we just got married!" Spike jokes. I give him a knuckle rub on the head and chuckle. "Think of it as a just married funny?" Spike shrugs. Everyone by now is cracking up.

"Team one, hot call! It's the government building. They found a suspicious package in-"Ten bucks it's the basement." I whisper to Spike. "Twenty that it's in a parking garage." He says. "The north side of the parking garage on level 5." Winnie finishes. "Cough it up Scarlatti." Spike says chuckling. I hand him the 10 dollars. "Scarlatti and Scarlatti. We had the same trouble when Jules and Sam got married." My dad chuckles. "Now let's go. Get Babycakes. Get your tools. Kids." He says smirking. We run off and get everything ready and hop into the SUVs.