One Off - Part 1

Back by popular demand, I've come up with a new one off chapter of this book. I hope you enjoy. Also, enjoy the angst😏
Favorites and comments are always appreciated!
- @mxalexander

~\~

"SPIKEY!" I yell as he jumps in front of me. All that escaped from my lips was a strangled scream.

~\~

It wasn't suppose to happen like this. No, not him. Out of the all the people in the world this could have happened too, it happened to Michelangelo Scarlatti. My husband.

I couldn't breath. Something was on top of me. Someone was on top of me. We were in a basement of a local bank, the air was thick with dust and debris. There had been an explosion. Yes, an explosion. Spike. Where is Spike?! I think to myself.

Then the memories came crashing back. The body on top of me was Spike of course. "Spike. Mikey. Michelangelo." I hissed out from underneath him. I listen for his heartbeat. There's a beat. Then another. I still couldn't breath well with him on top of me, but he could have been hurt and I didn't want to make it worse.

"Taylor..." he groaned out.

"Oh thank the Lord." I muttered out, a weight being released off of my shoulders.

He rolled off of me and then passed out again. Well shit. I thought.

I scramble around in the dark for my comm that had fallen off my ear in the explosion. Then realize I had a flashlight right in my vest. After retrieving it I easily found my comm and put it in. It still worked, but some static came out once and a while. I'd have to fix it after the whole ordeal. I did a mental inventory of any pain that I felt and concluded that it was coming from my knee and shoulder. Both sore from being thrown against a wall.

I changed the comm to the right channel and instantly heard a bunch of voices all at once, "Spike?! Taylor? Guys? Oh gosh guys come on—" Greg was coming through the clearest.

"Guys it's me. I'm okay. Spike isn't though." I state. I look him over. He had a bad wound on the back of his head, shrapnel wounds on his arms and legs, burns over his arms, and it just got worse from there. There could be internal bleeding or broken ribs.

I heard sighs of relief, but also hushed whispering from my teammates.

"We are going to get you guys out. Both exits for you are blocked." Ed replied eventually.

I filled the team in on Spike's condition as well and tended to him. It took two hours to get us out. I sent Spike up first with the paramedics and quickly followed behind.

"Ma'am, you can't—" A EMS started.

"I'm his wife." I said with a death glare.

"Go, we will follow behind." Greg reassured, putting a hand on my shoulder.

We got to the hospital and they immediately got him into surgery. It felt like forever till a doctor came back into the waiting room to talk to us, but in reality it was only 4 hours.

"Mrs. Scarlatti?" The doctor asked.

"Here." I said standing up too quickly, my hurt knee wobbled, which resulted in Ed and Sam holding me up.

"Mr. Scarlatti had a lot of internal damage. Especially with that head wound. He had a bad concussion, three broken ribs, multiple burns and other superficial wounds. You may see him now if you'd like, but understand that...he may not be aware of everything completely at the moment."

"May we come with?" Jules asked.

"I'd prefer one at a time. You have till 9 tonight to visit and then normal visiting hours are over."

I nod and Greg and Ed release me carefully.

~\~

"Michelangelo Scarlatti don't you ever do that to me again." I said I'm a whisper. I held his hand, stroking it with my thumb.

His hand twitched, then he opened his eyes slowly. He let out a scream.

"Spikey. Shhh it's me it's okay. It's Taylor. You are safe."

He still had wild confusion in his eyes.

"Who. Who are you?" He asked frowning.

~\~

Cliffhanger. I'm evil, I know. I'll post the second part when I get some free time.